Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ME28 - Release Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One of our user is unable to release a purchase order through Transaction code ME28.

The role is assigned only with the Transaction Code ME28 with the correct Release code and Group.

We have tested from our end and see that the Auth Objects M_BEST_BSA and M_BEST_EKO are missing based on SU53. When we have added back it worked.

When i check in Su24 the Auth Obj M_BEST_BSA and M_BEST_EKO are not set to CHECK -> Value "NO".

I dont understand how this Transaction is working, when the behaviour of the Transaction ME28 is to release the purchase order why is the system asking for additional Auth Objects.

please advice.

Regards

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

M_BEST_BSA and M_BEST_EKO are not set to CHECK -> Value "NO".

If the check is not set to the standard delivered SAP what is the value in SU24 ? Has it been changed to CHECK > YES or DO NOT CHECK ?

I am sure you are aware that SAP does not deliver all objects coded in the programme under AUTHORITY-CHECK Statement in the SU24 Indicators with a CHECK > YES that are in transaction ME28. SAP only deliver a fraction of the values in the proposal as YES and the rest must be maintianed by the security team as they are discovered to be relevant to your organisations need of the particular functions within the transaction.This will then keep PFCG updated with all the CHECK YES objects the next time you add transaction ME28.

In other words all the objects listed in SU24 ( that are CHECK ) for ME28 will all be coded in the programme somewhere but it depends on which bits of the functionality within ME28 you are using that determines if they are called.