Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghosts in my system...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having some problems with my user maintenance.

When I download all users vs roles via SE16, AGR_USERS, there are users in my data who are not in V_USERNAME, nor in eg USR01. It seems that these users have been removed from my system some time ago via CUA. Usermaster is gone, but role assignment was somehow not deleted.

Has anyone ever seen this?

Any ideas on how this could have happened and how to prevent is from happening again?

How can I fix this?

Also, I am getting very unreliable results when using SUIM. Not only on user-reports, but also on role-reports.

Could the problems be related to each other?

Hope there are some talented ghostbusters amongst you

Kind regards, Luisella.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem once and there is a cleanup report for this type of orphaned data.

See for a discussion and the report.

You can also clean up user address data, sync the user tables, reset the user buffer, etc etc.

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are any of the users (Ghosts) assigned to the roles via Organisational Management ? I have had this issue in the past and had to remove the users manually via the OM button in the role and then Delete Assignment Button. Running User Master Reconciliation did not work in my case but maybe worth trying initially.

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your very rapid respons.

But, no, roles are assigned to users via CUA only.

I also tried Running User Master Reconciliation. No effect....

Edited by: L. ten Pierik on Jul 7, 2011 3:32 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to put a check mark on 'delete Invalid assignment' in 'Text comparison from Child sys' available under Roles tab in SU01 transaction while update user master through CUA system.

Thanks,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem once and there is a cleanup report for this type of orphaned data.

See for a discussion and the report.

You can also clean up user address data, sync the user tables, reset the user buffer, etc etc.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks all !

The oprhaned users have been removed from my system.

Julius answer got me thinking...Problem was actualy very basic...

somebody decided to kill my jobs for RHAUTUPD_NEW without letting me know.

Upside: good to see we do not schedule these jobs just for the fun of it

Cheers, Luisella.