Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SLD is configured in SOLMAN sys, How can I connect it with SAP PI system

naimkhans_babi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

My Basis has configured SLD in Solman, Now I cant use SXMB_IFR tcode in my PI that suggest me some error. saying "error in connection cant read secure connection config" or something like that. Plus SLDCHECK tcode is also not happy. it suggest that RFC connections are missing.

It is clear that My SLD is not linked with PI system. something is missing in technical system part and its not even bridged. but since I am not a BASIS guy I dont know How can I configure it. Not even my BASIS guy understands that I need to bring SOLMAN SLD to PI.

Can anyone suggests me How can I bring my SOLMAN SLD to PI system so I can run SXMB_IFR tcode ? I need to create some rfc connection like LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI but dont know the connection type like t, or something else. Please englight me by suggesting How can I bring my SOLMAN SLD to PI.

One intresting observation is when I try to run my SLD over url using PI system as host it comes but says SLD is not configured properly and when I did the same practice with SOLMAN host it works fine and I didnt receive any error.

Please reply me. your any help will be appreciated greatly.

Regards

Naeem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Preferebly PI should have it's own SLD. And SOLMAN could use PI's SLD.

Please check Installation guide and SLD Administration Guide from Service Market place before finalizing SLD architecture in your System landscape.

I guess SOLMAN will have only one Instance in system landscape. (Not three system landscape like Dev, Qa, Prod).

If you want to go ahead with your current SLD plan, then Change your SLD hostname in Exchange Profile of PI, to SOLMAN Host name.

Regards

Praveen K

Edited by: Praveen Kurni on Jul 7, 2011 6:12 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Review the steps from the help page below related with the SLD configuration, like the creation of the Business and Technical Systems on SLD and check against the new SLD accordingly.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/a9b8c87e28674be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Also, check if the parameters from the note 1052984 are all configured for the new SLD host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please also review the note "939592 - PI Usage Configuration versus Central SLD", which describes in further details the PI functioning using one SLD for multiple instances.

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through below link, it will provide details information on connecting PI system with SLD.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/d9/f3d22f01c741bdb0e62a2f4205411c/content.htm

Edited by: Rajhans Abhay on Jul 7, 2011 2:36 PM