cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q1 does not exist in TOAAR (check entry)

former_member299772
Discoverer
0 Kudos

RFC/Archivelink guru's please help.

Post System Copy I am trying to change sys specific settings for an archiving repsitory from Prod to QA settings. When I attempt to run a Storage Archive job I get an RFC communicaiton error. The RFC works in isolation. The Data Archiving object has Q1 (custom content rep) defined for itself. But when I go into OAC3 to try to define the link, (changing from P1 (Prod) to Q1) it then states that "Q1 does not exist in TOAAR (check entry)".... now I am led to believe this is due to some link in OAC0 - where Q1 does exist. Also in the Prod system P1 does not exist in TOAAR but that doesnt seem to matter and it all works fine???

If I try to test the OAC0 content rep I get the same RFC error as the storage job.

Can I manually enter the Q1 into TOAAR just to see if it works?

FYI the RFC reg server program is registered for the server....

Thanks & regards

Tom (confused...)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally speaking,its always best to avoid transport of content repositories across clients(issues like missing entries et-al).A better alternative would be to manually define the content repository for each client separately.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member299772
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. In the past we have loaded all content repository settings in all systems and then simply repointed the system to the appropriate repository after system copy. Are you suggesting I am better off deleting and starting again? Will that repopulate TOAAR for me?

Suppose I could test with a brand new content repository.... Will try later.

JP_Barcenas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

what SAP version are you running?

I am asking because you are talking about Data Archiving and TOAAR. The table TOAAR keeps the content repositories used for ArchiveLink, not for Data Archiving (Document Area in OAC0 set to ArchiveLink).

So, if you are using the CRep with Data Archiving it is normal that it does not appear in TOAAR. In addition, it is not necessary to maintain transaction OAC3 for Data Archiving. This was only necessary in (very) old releases, and that is why I am asking you about the SAP version you are running.

cheers,

Juan