cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Document Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have raised a sales order and done deliver upto here everything is fine. when i'm doing billing, billing document number is generated & when i go to menu > change it show a error message

Express document "Update was terminated"

Transaction.. VF01

Update key... 8177A8E08262F174B9E7001A642611EE

Generated.... 07.07.2011, 14:30:12

Completed.... 07.07.2011, 14:30:13

Error Info... 00 671: ABAP/4 processor: POSTING_ILLEGAL_STATEMENT

Thank's & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may want to check your output settings has been correctly configured that it is not creating output and billing documents at the same time.

In your Output Type of your Billing Type, you may want to check that the "dispatch time" is set to either "1" or "3" value instead of "4".

Hope the above helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's For Immediate Reponse Kok Wai Phang,

Actually i Want to see Billing Document Number Data,but system throughing message

Transaction.. VF01

Update key... 8177A8E08262F174B9E7001A642611EE

Generated.... 07.07.2011, 14:30:12

Completed.... 07.07.2011, 14:30:13

Error Info... 00 671: ABAP/4 processor: POSTING_ILLEGAL_STATEMENT

Kindly Help Me to sort out the issue

Thank's & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message simply says that your updating/creation of the document has been terminated, which in my opinion is due to the settings in your Output for the Billing Doc Type which you have maintained.

If you have maintained your number ranges for document, it should be posted successfully. Also, you may want to check in FBN1 to see if your accounting document number range is also created.

You may check the output settings for the Billing Type and see if the above helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the error message,I can understand that error from techinal end.

The message is:

00 671: ABAP/4 processor: POSTING_ILLEGAL_STATEMENT

Request you to check with your technical team to debug the code for this issue.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to check further in SAP Note 147577.

Thanks.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See 1472777 - Dump POSTING_ILLEGAL_STATEMENT during output processing in sales / billing .

Regards

Eduardo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi ,

This is Number Range Issue . Tell me one thinking have you reset the number ranges

please sit with ABAP'er and check in that table what is the last number and reset the number ranges for billing document

VBRK table - VBELN (Fields) in that check we you can find out the last billing number based on that do necessary changes

as i mentioned below example

For eg last number saved in the table is 100, u go to the number ranges of the particular document and assign the current number as 100 and then you do the cycle it will work

Try once above what i have given the solution

Hope this will help to you

Regards,

Prasanna