SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM - Update Date changing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus!

I have to change the FM update date in some documents while posting, using customer specific logic.

How can I do it?

I've tried to change the POSTING_DATE field with FMDERIVE tool, but it hadh'n influensed on FM update date.

I've tried to create the implementation for the BAdI FMRI (method FMRI_BADI_4), but the programm do not using it while I posted PDR and DP.

Thanks in advance for your help.

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use FMOD transaction (though, it's flexibility is limited) or try user exit EXIT_SAPLFMFA_004.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Eli. But EXIT_SAPLFMFA_004 has just flag FMDY-XFELD as exporting parameter. So it can't change the FM update date.

FMOD is also useless for my purpose.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your update profile is PBET based, you can activate the user-exit suggested by Eli (EXIT_SAPLFMFA_004) and return 'x' in the exporting parameter. You can implement your own logic to decide when the flag has to be marked.

Once this flag is set,the system will display a popup so that the end user can enter the desired update date in every posting.

This should help you.

Kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mar, thank you, but I do not use PBET. And I have to modify the FM update date for some FI-documents automatically, using some determined algorithm.

Is there some appropriate BAdI or user exit?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see... I thought, you are using PBET. Then, only FMOD, I'm afraid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I understand correctly, that FMOD allows to use one fixed date and period for ALL document postings in FM area?

If so, I do not know what it can be used for...

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, correct. It could be used sometimes in some mass processing of the documents during cut-off or other similar events.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I know, FMOD works with PBET only.

furthermore, this should work during changes, not at creation time. At creation time, the system uses your settings in the update profile (you can check them by running report RFFMMONI, you will see how the FM update profile is set in terms of value types by clicking on the update profile number shown in the list)

So, I am afraid, what you are requesting is not possible during document creation... at least, not in the standard

Sorry!

Kind regards

Mar