Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification process

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

I will be very gretful if any baody can expalain me the process of notification from its creation till completion

I bit consused that if i assign a task for a user, is it possible to oher user finish this task

and also pls give me a light on what is the approval process in notifiation

and what are the stastus having in notification

Expecting a details answer in step by step

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I try to explain.

1. Quality notifications are basically used to report non conformity in system.

2. A typical notification comprises of 4 wider parts. Defect, Causes, Tasks and activities.

3. While recording defect we specify all the details like what are the defects, where defects were found (defect location), any reference number and any additional information.

4. For every defect you can record causes.

5. In order to eliminate the cause, we plan few activities and distribute them to various responsible users. This is called as Task.

6. Once you assign the task to specific user, the same user has to complete it. However other users can also complete it provided they have authorisation to change it.

7. What actions you took against each task, that you mention in activities column.

8. Defects, causes, tasks and activities can be hardcoded by creating codes under catalogue 9, 5, 2 and 8 respectively.

As per my knowledge there is no any specific approval process in notification. At the max you can have release status. If you donu2019t release notification it remains in outstanding mode.

Regards,

Anand Rao

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear anand

from your answer point 6

6. Once you assign the task to specific user, the same user has to complete it. However other users can also complete it provided they have authorisation to change it.

How we can controll authorization to control task status

for example i assign a task to use ABC now i want other than him nobody need to change the status as complete

Thanks in advance

Faisal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

Generally this is handled through status profiles for notifications.

QCC0 >Quality Notifications > Notification processing >Status Management >Define status profile. Double click on Maintain Status Profiles. Here you create new profile using u201CTasku201D as Object Types. In detail view, select the option Complete task asu201D Forbiddenu201D. Then assign this profile to notification type by double clicking on Status Profile for Notification Type.

As a result of which when you assign the task to any user, the user status column gets automatically filled by this new status. User must have the authorisation for this profile in order to change the status.

When I tested this I realized that itu2019s not that easy and still this is not ensuring that the other user should not complete it. This really needs to be consulted with basis consultant.

What I think is, you need to find user exit for QM01 / QM02. There you need to specify the logic that the user who is completing the task is the responsible user for that task or not. If not stop the transaction.

Additionally I would suggest, generally co-ordinator of the notification should ensure this activity and close the tasks for all other users. Just check whether it is feasible in your case by this physical control.

Regards,

Anand

Answers (0)