cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Proxy server details to File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

On my current project, we are integrating SAP ECC to SAP Sourcing using standard integration. Nice and simple, however the SAP Sourcing system is set up in a separate network.

Unfortunately we need to get out over the internet and the technical team insist we have to go via the proxy server.

is there a way to add the proxy server and connection details within the FTP adapter? has anyone done this before?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you create a secure trusted connection to company's network, rather than pass through the proxy server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have no access to operating systems, networks or security policies, so we are a little constrained and anything else needs a change request.

we are using FTPS so do have some security....

But when i look at other FTP objects within SAP PI none of the others use it. they use different ports. we are getting a connection timed out whilst accessing the FTP Server...

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no option to add proxy server details within the FTP adapter. refer note 821267

you might have to explore an option of using Java proxy or an alternative design but standard FTP adapter will not help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Shabarish.

You need to chose another way, like trusted networking.

An alternative idea, is to use a shell script from your PI OS. Get File, Put file into a PI OS directory (with nfs, for example), and run a shell script like follow (for send file to destination server):

#!/bin/sh
ftp -n <proxy server addres> <<END_SCRIPT
quote USER '<userid>'
quote PASS '<password>'
open <remoteserver>
<user>
<password>
mput <filename>

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FTP adapter does not support proxy connection directly. As spontani said, create a unix script and reference in " run os command" in the comunication channel.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found another adatper to use that has this! using SFTP another project has purchased.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have the same requirement.

Can you please advise which SFTP adapter you are using to send the files to 3rd parties through proxy server.

Is it Seeeburger adapter or Advantco adapter you are using.

Thanks,

Jay.

Edited by: j r saithala on Feb 1, 2012 7:12 PM