cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Managed at Different WBS Elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario where there are 2 WBS elements at 2nd level-one for material procurement and the other for the real construction work involving services etc.

I have a separate budget for material and a separate budget for construction involving servies and other miscellaneous works.As such I procure against the activities under material WBSE-in this process at the time of GR the budget is used.now when i transfer/issue the material to the other WBS then the system consumes budget from that WBS while in reality I never budgeted the WBSE for materials.And then I need to increase the construction WBS element budget.

This is where my problem is.I do not wish to get the budget checked while issuing the materials to the other WBS element and also the budget for the material WBS element should not be increased when materials are issued to the other WBS element.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: spedge99 on Jul 7, 2011 8:54 AM

Posted the question twice by mistake

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in spro--define tolerance limits exclude the Activity group 03 goods issue from the budget profile you are using. hereafter

budget would not be checked on wbse against the goods issues.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to create a Budget profile and in the tolerance limit config, exclude target group 03 ( Goods Issue ). With this config, the system will check budget for PR's, PO's and other things, but not during the Goods issue.

Once you purchase the materials and goods receipt happens, Transfer the goods to the required WBS element and issue the goods.

Hope this helps.

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using non-valuated project stock.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But my Project Stock is valuated as it needs to cater to other business requirements.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, all goods movement with change the assigned values and thus budget requirements. You can go for some development.

Why don't you just have single WBSE for both services and material.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your interest Harsh.....

The busienss is as follows-

the company is into residintial building construction.It differentiates into two kinds of works-basement and towers.

Material budget is done collectively for both the structural units.Hence at that time we cannot differentiate between the material requirements separately.

Service procurement and budgeting is done separately for both towers and basement.

As such we have one WBS for material procurement and one each for tower services and basement services.

Now the requirement is that once material is procured then they want to see against which particular unit that material is being used-tower or basement.As tower and basement exist as independent entities(even though for services only) they want to track the issuance of materials to towers and basement so that the consolidate costs for materials and services can be seen at that level.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create 2 WBSE under Materials one for Basement and one for Tower.

Have budget on Materials WBSE only.

Do all GRs at Materials WBSE only. When user identifies that particular material is for tower or basement; they can move the material against the Basement or Tower WBSE.

What will happen to budget is that as Basement and Tower Budgets are not there. System will take consume their Parents Budget which will nullify the increase in budget at Materials WBSE due to material movement.

Try it and revert.

There can be many other solutions as well; wait for experts to reply.

Regards,

Harsh.