cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Reservation in Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Automatic Batch Determination in Delivery. Is it possible to Reserve Batch in a Delivery?

For eg. Batches are determined automatically during delivery. But due to business requirements my client cannot do PGI instantly. They will save the delivery with the batches that are determined automatically by SAP and do PGI later.

Now the issue is, if client is creating another delivery for that material, SAP is issuing same batches for this delivery also.

That means, currently SAP is not reserving batches against delivery. Is there any possibility to control this?

Kindly advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

I know its pretty old post, but do you have solution for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of Delivery why dont you reserve the batch against the Sales Order.So that the same batch appears in delivery.

A suggested in previous threads use movement type 412 E.If this is a regular case then put special indicator in the Item Category in the VOV7 tansaction so that without reserving the stock the delivery will not be created.In Mb1b trnasaction for 412 E reserve and then system will proceed with delivery.

Regards,

Saju.S

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can do one thinking you can cancel the Delivery document and reverse the Batch to that particular Sale order by using the Movement type 412 E with T-Code MB1B

After that Again Assign in which sale order you want to assign that Stock to the Sale order by using T-Code MB1B and movement type 411 E

and also we can do the Sale order to sale order to reversal by using Movement type 414 E T-code MB1B

Try to Check and let me know

Regards,

Prasanna

dilip_choudhury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP program never reserve batches against delivery. But check If the business transaction for this scenario is rare then the alternate way to do without any development work

1>Reserve the batch no for the customer ( use Mvt type 411-E stock transfer )

Hope this will fix your issue without any development work.

Thanks

Dilip

0 Kudos
prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. How system will pick the batch automatically in delivery level may be it will show the relevant batches for particular material

2. Once system picks the batch means stock will reduce correct

3. if you want to avoid this problem try to put manual not automatic

the above points are as per my knowledge if i am wrong please correct me

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for your reply.

Client is using Automatic batch determination, so I need to find the solution to this problem within this limitation only.

Step 1 -> VA01 - Sales Order created and Availability Check done

Step 2 -> VL01N - Delivery (Automatic Batch Determination takes place, SAP automatically displays all the relevant Batches

available for the particular material)

Scenario1 -> If my client does PGI then no issues at all. Stock is reducing and everything goes well.

Scenario2 -> If my client does not do PGI and ONLY SAVE this DELIVERY then when he is creating another (new) delivery for the same material, SAP is determining same batch numbers which are already allocated to previous delivery.

Hemant

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From your point of you are you assigned the batches to particular sales order if not u can pick the material from any batch because your not done the PGI so system will show the stock under lying particular storage location whenever you want u can pick

that above statement is as per my knowledge . is it correct?

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assigning Batches in Delivery.

1. Delivery -> Automatic Batch Determination -> PGI -> Everything is fine OK

2. Delivery -> Automatic Batch Determination -> No PGI -> Only SAVE DELIVERY --> Delivery no. 12345 (example)

--> Now, if I created new delivery using the same material, SAP will again determine same batch numbers which are already allocated to previous delivery ( i.e. delivery no. 12345)

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you t-code ovz9 for the material checking group and the delivery(B: SD Delivery)?

it should consider amounts of batches allocated to deliveries in the In/outward movements block.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khaled,

I have already used OVZ9. But still problem exists. Now I am trying to find if there's any Userexit / Customer exits are available to control this.....

Thanks

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Did you get any solution for this?

Regards,

Sajith.