cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polish , turkish text not decoding in the alert boxes in JSP file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently I am working on application in the J2ee development perspective in NWDI and this contains many Jsp pages.As per the business requirement we need to make this application support Polish and turkish languages , for this we have maintained properties files .

I have encoded the polish and turkish text using the u201CHTML Unicode format encodingu201D hence when checked the url in the IE with Polish and turkish locale all the characters are getting decoded properly ,but i have a proplem with the text in the alert boxes i.e. the special characters in the text displayed in the alert boxes is not getting decoded at all eg:"Wprowadź numer konta BP" whereas it has to display as "Wprowadź numer konta BP:

Also i have used java encode also to achieve the same and for this "?" is getting displayed i.e. it is not getting properly decoded.

I have also used native2ascii method in this also it is getting decoded but not correctly i.e. "?" is displayed

Please note that the alert boxes are written in the script tag in the JSP page.

Request you to kindly help me in resolving the issue at the earliest as this is a very critical issue in my project now.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishita Salver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nishita,

We had a similar problem in one of my projects, but what i remember is we have kept the ascii value for that character directly in the properties files and tried to encode it, this way i resolved my problem.

Try this way and let me know the result.

Regards,

Saleem Mohammad.