cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployement Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, i developed an application for Blackberry mobile using SUP2.0. In simulator it was working very fine,but in my Device its not getting connect with my server.My server is located in my Organization network. i connected my Blackberry device with organization Wifi network and the same time my mobile network in my device also enabled and active.when i started my application in device. Its not at all syncing with my Server. please help me to get out of this problem ,what could be the reason for this? Thnx in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is your SUP server is only visible within your organizational network,therefore the BlackBerry device cannot

access this server.

regards

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i connected my Blackberry to my office Wifi network only. so, device is also in the same network then the device should be able to access my local server and one more thing i left the Mobile network in my device in ON only. At that time, blackberry will use which connectivity whether Wifi or Mobile Networks GPRS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to start MDS service on your SUP server to let it receive connections from a BB device.

Also u need to use WIFI first while connecting BB devices to SUP. You can get an example of how to do that by searching for previous posts from me !

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep thnx for your helpful reply can you tell me the link of the examples you did........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to have the Device use Wifi to connect to SUP server over intranet

1. Start MDS services on the SUP Server (D:\Blackberry eJDK\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.30\components\MDS\run.bat)

2. Replace the synchronize method with the below code

/**
	 * Synchronize all the synchronizationGroups with the server
	 */
	public static void synchronize() {
		if (isCoverageSufficient("WIFI")) {
			getSynchronizationProfile().setString("transport", "WIFI");
			synchronize("default", null);
		} else {
			synchronize("default", null);
		}
	}

The above code will make the application use Wifi first to connect the SUP.

The above method is the <project-name>DB.java file for BB generated code .

3. Deploy the App in the device (Sign it first).

Thanks

Pradeep

Edited by: Pradeep Gudipati on Jul 26, 2011 12:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi i did what you said in the code,but after that also My application is still trying to access GPRS connection. do i need to change anything in Blackberry device.Then one more doubt if i am running my MDS in unwired server installed machine. how the MDS will recognize the incoming for server from the device? And one more thing do we need BES for MBS based application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep i did in that way what you've explained But its not working. Till application is trying to connect with GPRS only. Do i need to made any changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry for the late reply...

Can u check by removing the sim card and try connecting to any website first.

Please check and inform.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i am unable to browse the websites using the Wifi connections. it is not even allowing me to connect with the Google alone.

what can i do now? it is allowing me to connect only with the local network machines.