Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing ODBC in Windows 2008 during BOBJ Installation

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to install BOBJ XI3.1 Edge on Windows server 2008 (Lets say server A)which will connect to SQL server database (lets say server B which is separate machine) Note we also implemented R/3 modules as well.

I have two problems here:

1. I am trying to create an ODBC connection on windows 2008 server so I can connect it to SQL server d/base but ODBC driver is missing. I was told to download the missing ODBC driver from Google / from Microsoft website, so I got a link asking me to download Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Feature Pack, in which I found a odbc driver "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client" so i downloaded but and I can see this under system DSN tab but its not getting connected and giving me connection failed message.

Can anyone please advise if I downloaded the correct driver as my search criteria in Google was "sql server 2008 odbc driver" I am not sure if this is correct driver as its not connecting. OR pls advise where do i get the correct driver.

2. Another issue I had is that I noticed that during installation of BOBJ server with existing database there is an option says "Select the Reset existing database box to delete all current tables and entries in existing database CMS and auditing databases"

I am just wondering if I select that option does that delete all the tables from sql database, if so then how would i create universe in the designer if there are no tables, Are these tables just a sql tables. What does this option suppose to mean and what difference does that make if I select Reset existing database option.

I need your help as this is the my first time installation through existing database option and I am stuck.

Regards

Edited by: SAP_LCCHS on Jul 6, 2011 8:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I can see this under system DSN tab but its not getting connected and giving me connection failed message.

> Can anyone please advise if I downloaded the correct driver as my search criteria in Google was "sql server 2008 odbc driver" I am not sure if this is correct driver as its not connecting. OR pls advise where do i get the correct driver.

What did you enter in the configuration data and what was the exact error message?

> 2. Another issue I had is that I noticed that during installation of BOBJ server with existing database there is an option says "Select the Reset existing database box to delete all current tables and entries in existing database CMS and auditing databases"

> I am just wondering if I select that option does that delete all the tables from sql database, if so then how would i create universe in the designer if there are no tables, Are these tables just a sql tables. What does this option suppose to mean and what difference does that make if I select Reset existing database option.

I answered this question already in

Markus

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Markus

I managed to create an odbc connection and test it successfully and then i installed bobj server but when i try to test if i can create universe based on my sql server i get the following messge. The server is not responding (SBO0001) and in the details I get this mesage : "DBD: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Optional feature not implemented"

Can you pls advise if this is still an odbc connection issue as when i created odbc it tested successfully, I mean do i need to change some kind of settings on the sql server side or may be on the CMC, I also made sure that all the servers are up and running.

Pls advise thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Resolved