cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java web start will not load on my computer

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

When I try and start the IR (PI version 7.1) I get the download of Java Web Start aborting as it complains that the client.jar file is corrupt.

I just got a colleague to do the same thing on her computer and the dowload worked perfectly!

I have JRE 1.5.0.18 on my computer, my colleague has 1.6 on her machine.

HELP!

Ross Goodman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

remove all Java versions in your system then instal 1.6 and try.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

Perform the below step:

Integration Builder> Administration-> JAVA Web Start Administration--> Re-initialization and force signing.

This function will cause the above re-collection and additionally a re-signing of ALL resources with a dummy certificate. The original SAP signatures of the jarfiles will be lost. It is recommended to use this function only in test systems. To get back the original SAP signatures the application has to be deployed again.

Thanks,

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goodman,

Remove all your proxy settings and existing java versions in your system and try to load....you would be able to do that..

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see your system got access to PI server by pinging the system.

If you don't have the access then Client JNLP file won't get downloaded on to your machine from PI server.

This could be one of the issue please check.

Regards

Praveen K

former_member611181
Participant
0 Kudos

Try to delete your Java Web Start cache and start the application again. To do this, go to control panel -> java. On the General tab, click settings under Temporary Internet Files and choose delete files.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Version java 1.6 and above.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try running thru this - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Install Version 1.6

Check for "local proxy settings" on your browser

Check Host file on your Operating System

PI have not problem to run on lastest Java version.