cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress or turn off mouse info bubbles , balloons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when running SAP-QM in SAP Enterprise 720, there is an annoying feature which always opens an "info bubble" when the mouse hovers over some entry fields.

This is a pervasive and annoying feature.

Is it possible to deactivate this (e.g. by setting some registry key or de-registering a particular DLL)?

Thanks for any hint!

Regards,

Tim Wyatt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, does any one have an answer for this annoying feature?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyone here who can point me in the right direction? Am I asking this question in the correct forum?

Thankyou.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with the newer 7 version but this would seem similar to the Quick info help feature in previous versions.

Click on the tricolor icon for user options. (last button icon on right on top menu button bar).

In the pop-up make sure you are on the "Options" tab.

The first thing on this is "Quick Info". Change setting to slow or none.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

FireFighter, thanks thats quite helpful. I at least now know that what I'm after is the option to turn 'Quick Info' off, so knowing the SAP term is great.

Unfortunately I can't find that selection under the Options menu like in the older versions.

I've done quite a bit of Googling on this subject and some info suggests that the interface for Options can be installed

in varying levels of detail, or perhaps its installed incompletely.

If this is the case, that option may be missing from our install.

If not, then my version:

720 Final Release

Build 1184507

Patch Level 2

does not have that option included.

I'd still like to solve this problem, is there another resource who knows Ver. 720 options you could point me to?

Again thanks.

Edited by: Tim Wyatt on Aug 15, 2011 8:25 AM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yours is the first posting I've seen menitoning version 7. I don't know who you can ask except maybe SAP.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swell. Thats what we get for being on the latest ver. is a lack of feature that were on previous ver!!!

Thanks for your help though FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tim,

I did a quick search and found the info below. If you have accesst to your registry keys on your PC you might be able to make this change. I know many companies have security on theiir company computers so you might not be able to use REGEDIT. Maybe you can display it though to see what it is set at and make a request to have the defautl changed to slow. It doesn't look like none is an opiton.

It appears this info ccomes from SAP Note 328723 - GUI default settings during installation.

It mentions the following:

However, we recommend that you execute a .reg file containing your adjusted values. For SAP GUI 7.10 and 7.20, this is the only possible option. We recommend that you include the command for importing a .reg file of this type in the logon script. Note that all your manual modifications may be reset each time you import a new front-end patch. Therefore, save all your change+s.

But if you can make the edit:

8. Options dialog > Options tab:

Quick info: Switch the quick info display to "fast".

(0 = fast, 1 = medium, 2 = slow):

Key: HKCU\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Customize

Name: BubbleDelay

Value: 0 (REG_DWORD)

I found this link at http://community.worksoft.com/wikis/certify/sap-gui-default-install-settings.aspx

I'd be curious how you solve this.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

FF, Yes I have poked around the registry before and tried to find the bubble settings. Its funny that you pointed me to the place I found! Good to know I was in the right place.

Unfortunatey the change doesn't seem to do anything. I have access, and it seems to take the change, but the response is the same as far as I can tell. You mentiond 'off' isn't an option, and thats for sure. But slow fast medium is all the same.

Can you tell me if I need to reboot the PC for the reg keys edit to take effect? I have tried that after changes, but still no change in the bubbles.

Thanks,

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's hard to tell. A lot depends on how your PC is set up and who controls it. So many IT department have considerable control over employee's desktop's and laptop's that it is often hard to know who is controlling what.

It could be that your company is running a script or some other file that executes when you open up the SAP Gui and it sets your options to a company standard. There are just so many ways to set up systems it is hard to know.

I am assuming that your helpdesk or IT support staff doesn't consider this an important change and are just telling you that it is the companies default setting, live with it.

I wish I had something more for you.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, yes it doesn't seem to be taking effect.

And yes, IT would say 'Well we have a lot going on...'

I asked them to look into this a few months back, and I've already made a lot more headway that they have.