Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pull data from a Web Service

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is SAP ECC Web Service to CRM Web Service through PI. For CRM Web Service we have got an WSDL with the CRM End point and everything is good. But for ECC one, they dont want to Push the data to PI, but PI needs to Pull the data from Web Service.

Normal sender SOAP adapter can get the data if the Sender external system push the data / invoke PI URL using WSDL generated by PI (generated from Sender Agreement).

Please let me know that how we can PULL the data from Web Service.

Thanks,

Nabendu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Please let me know that how we can PULL the data from Web Service.

This is not possible. Write an ABAP job in ECC that trigges the message from ECC and sends it to PI.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ideally for such requirements, there will be a report scheduled at ECC end which will trigger the proxy/RFC and in turn the data will be pushed to the Webservice and reaches PI. your pull is nothing but the scheduling of the report at ECC

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to all. All the answers are really valuable and has cleared my confusion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sender SOAP adapter does not support the pull protocol.

As already suggested above by Stefan and Raj, only solution would be to use an ABAP report to trigger the scenario and send out the data to the PI.

Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI cant pull data directly from Web service, if your functional team exposed Functional Module as a web service and if you are using that then they have to schedule or run back ground job.

Regards,

Raj