cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing XML in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

before I send a message to PI through an IDOC, I can check the IDOC message in SAP into its xml file format.

I am unable to check this as there is something missing in the setup on the SAP side before the message leaves SAP for XI.

How can I ensure that my setup on the SAP is correct and that the IDOC format is chnaging correctly into HTTP or xml...

I have created sample IDOCs in SAP but I dont know where I can check their respective HTTP protocols on the SAP side.

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Dixit,

Ideally the IDOC gets converted into XML format in PI using the PORT Creation (IDX1) & IDOC Type Metadata Maintenance (IDX2). You can get into SXMB_MONI & open the IDOC Message payload xml file. To conclude, the IDOC XML Payload in PI is the resemblance of your expectation in ECC.

- $andeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

am not using PI at the moment. The first tests I would like to see is in ECC and then later to PI, but only when we would have a connectivity.

My FOCUS is only ECC6 and not PI.

In ECC6 I should see my IDOCS being converted to XMP payload.

I use the transaction SXI_Monitor to view any messages, but dont see any after I have triggered the IDOC manually and also done some setup in IDX2 in SAP ECC6.

I have in previous projects checked the payload from IDOC to XML in ECC6 but havent done any setup so I dont know how it gets converted on what settings basis.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend that you first think about, what is the exact issue and try to describe it as precise as possible.

When you when to build up a scenario with IDocs, you have to send some tst messages first from or to PI, then do the mapping and so on. When you are not able to send IDocs, fix this issue first and do not test any XML that might be an IDoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I dont get your point !

I have been able to create IDOCS in SAP, there is a way to test the same in a xml file.

My question is

1. I want to see the xml file being created in SAP from IDOC( and not in PI)...(before the message leaves the SAP ERP).

2.I want to know if I am missing any setup from the SAP ERP standpoint before it reaches PI.

Before two systems communicate there is some setup required on SAP and PI, my focus is from the SAP side.

Hope I have made myself clear..

Please advice.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the IDOC XML file using PORT type as XML File. Which will store IDOC XML file in your File System of ECC server.

You can use this IDOC XML file stored in Local File system to test your scenario before running actual IDOC Scenario.

Regards

Praveen K

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think the conversion to XML within SAP side (Unless you use a xml port)

I think it is converted into xml on XI side only.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

please refer below...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dixit,

Ref: http://saptechnical .com/Tutorials/ALE/IDOCToXML/IDOCToXML.htm

Thanks,

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In which transaction are you able to check the xml for an IDOC?

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana