cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions on XI Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have implemented interfaces for UK region and running Live.

Now would like to implement for US region and want to design Software components.

We developed UK interfaces under SWCV1 associated XYZ product.

For Ex: we have Material Master Interface for UK & US, there is minor difference in transformations. so we need to keep 2 mappings.

Q1) Should i create SWCV2 for US developments and maintain every thing there only or should i create US mapping under SWCV1 itself??

Q2) Or should i grab every thing related to UK from SWCV1 into SWCV2 and develop US related interfaces there??

Please suggest me the best practice for this kind of scenarios

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Q1) Should i create SWCV2 for US developments and maintain every thing there only or should i create US mapping under SWCV1 itself??

You dont really need to create seperate software component. You can use the same one and create seperate mapping out of it.

>Q2) Or should i grab every thing related to UK from SWCV1 into SWCV2 and develop US related interfaces there??

Rather copying a seperate software component, if the changes are major create seperate namespace and reuse the SWCV1 components for the US interfaces as much possible. You dont need to copy everything from one software component to other.

Again this is purely based on business requirement too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Again this is purely based on business requirement too.

Business will not direct us to use separate SWCV or existing SWCV in this case.

As a XI resource i have to drive this design. From above explanations i understood that there is no standard way for this.

So we can take our own best feel of design??

Regards

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavana,

In general , a good practice is to have a one software component for one application area (One for Sales, One for FI, One for HR etc).

Based on this principle, you should use the first SWCV only and add your development objects for US go live.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

>>In general , a good practice is to have a one software component for one application area (One for Sales, One for FI, One for HR etc).

In my case, all application areas( MDM, FI, sale etc..) are developed under one SWCV itself.

So i can't re design those now. based on my situation i would like to go with the option of grab every thing from SWCV1 related to UK into SWCV2 and add US developments under that.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>In general , a good practice is to have a one software component for one application area (One for Sales, One for FI, One for HR etc).

Any one implementing this kind of design by creating one SWCV for one application area??

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case, why not create one more namespace and do your development there?

Best regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

what i feel is keeping the scenarios region wise is good for future reference. So how about this option

Keep the UK interfaces under SWCV1 itself and create SWCV2 for US interfaces. In this way we can keep them separate and maintain in specific way.

What do you feel??

Regards

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>In this case, why not create one more namespace and do your development there?

This is what I mentioned above and that would be generic way to go...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi / Baskar,

Agree with both of your suggestions.

May i know in which case we can go for creating second SWCV in the landscape ??

Regards

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavana,

Technically there is no restriction to do that way. But if your aim is only to "Separate" the development objects, even a different namespace would be just fine, isn't it?

The bottom line is as long as the development team and the post go-live support team is on the same page and knows where to look for the objects (for maintenance), use of separate SWCVs or separate namespaces is one and the same.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

former_member181962
Active Contributor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your case create different Software component for US region interfaces and develop objects,this is the best way to go .

Regards,

Raj

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are going to use different SWCV for the US related development, you need not to copy all the objects to new SWCV. You can simply define the dependency between the two components and all objects(DT, MT etc) from older SWCV will be available to be used in new SWCV. Just develop the object that needs to be created(MM in ur case).

We have used this method in many of our projects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q2) Or should i grab every thing related to UK from SWCV1 into SWCV2 and develop US related interfaces there??

I would prefer this. As , this would keep the things clean & easy for support activities in future.

-santosh.