cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS issues with big messages > 5MB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have an issue with some JMS messages. When they are big (more than 5Mb) we get the below errors.

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error in committing JMS session for connector: ........javax.jms.JMSException: An open connection has not been established

Warning: The channel is configured throw an recoverable, temporary error for this warning (default). Decide whether you want to bypass this message. If so, set the Pending Handling channel parameter to Bypass and restart the message afterwards.

Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Pending message discovered.The channel is configured throw an recoverable, temporary error for this warning (default). Decide whether you want to bypass this message. If so, set the Pending Handling channel parameter to 'Bypass' and restart the message afterwards.

Error Delivering the message to the application using connection JMS_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Pending message discovered: 001e0bbb-13a4-1ee0-a9f6-d4faf4a13fa3.The channel is configured throw an recoverable, temporary error for this warning (default). Decide whether you want to bypass this message. If so, set the Pending Handling channel parameter to 'Bypass' and restart the message afterwards..

Do you know what is wrong with the message? is it the size? Is there any timeout to configure in PI side?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Israel,

This is the issue with MQ not with PI . You have to tell your MQ counterpart to increase the size of their channel .

For PI 5 MB is not a big size but when JMS dapter try to put the message on queue then it got that error . We had faced similar issue and it was resolved when the channel size was increased by MQ team .

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your quick response.

I just talked with MQ team and the team changed the inbound q-size limit to 20MB but the error stills there.

It is a different configuration for Queue size and channel size on MQ side?

Regards,

Israel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isrel,

I have limited knowledge of MQ however I can say that they have to set the size at queue name level also i.e suppose at one queue manager 4 queue is there then they have to set the size for individual queue name . Secondly if they confirm that they have set the size at queue manager and queue level both then first stop and start your commounication channel through RWB and then resend those failed message from Message monitoring ( RWB ) .

Regards,

Saurabh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have set the "Transaction JMS Session" under Processing Tab. If yes then uncheck it and try again.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally as per my knowledge PI can be able to process message size handling is upto 5 mb during normal loads. More than 5 MB could cause performance issues during processing.

what you can do is you can Increase the parameter in SXMB_ADM

Category: TUNING

Parameter: EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT

Current value: 20480 (or some require value)

default value:0

or

you can schedule it in non peak hours

Regards,

Naveen.