Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro Login page customization

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

How will i customize the Webdynpro Login page, NOT the portal login page.

I have a stand alone application which does not use portal.

I need to have the user to login and run the application, hence i have enabled authentication as true in the application properties.

Now when the users see their applications in their mobile devices, the ui rendering is not correct and hence i need to modify the login page. Any help on here will be appreciated.

Regards

Bobu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If pictures got changed then it looks like ur are modifying the correct code.

I would suggest you to double check the code and make sure ur making the width changes in right spot.

Try to put some custom code/comment's in hidden mode or some thing like that and see if ur able to see ur changes.

As ur having file system access, then u can go ahead and search of the java file, the JSP gets converted to the Java files. Search for the file and see if ur able to see the changes.

Keep a copy of original code and play around, you will be able to find it.

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Only the image is getting changed. JSP is not getting changed.

I went inside the server and found the umBotArea.txt and umTopArea.txt and both have the new values in it.

I downloaded the war file and changed the text files and made it again as a war file and replaced the original.

Even then, the jsp and hence the width is not changed.

What would be missing in the steps. Only images can be changed like direct editing...?

Even then, what is the purpose of the war file?

Regards

Bobu

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should come into effect. Some times portal reboot would be required to bring it into effect.

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to change the width of the layout, so that when i login through mobile devices, it wont have any UI alignment issues.

So i went got this two txt files which are actually HTML files, in which there is a reference to width of the page.

It was 760px and i changed it to 300px.

I did not do a war file project import or any thing.

I just changed this text file in the file system. After the server restart, i did not see any effect on the login page.

But when i changed the pictures in the folder location, the effects are reflected.

Can any1 explain this?

Do i really need to import/export the war file and do the deployment to just change the width?

Regards

Bobu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobu,

Please install HTTP Watch and Start the trace before you get login page. this way we will find which Ear File (webdynpro) APP is called. Once you find it, Download the ear file, Import, modify and deploy. This should help

Alternatively, if you were not able to find ear file, then Get the JSPs from file system, Change and directly add in the Filesystem where it is deployed. This is not the recomended Approach, However, this is a work around till you find a Better approach

I hope its help for u.

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I saw the two text files in the war file and these two files make up the logon.jsp page. So if i just change the text file and put it back in the server location, will it take effect?

Regards

Bobu

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

I think this is the path i need to follow, but tell me this, how we can import the WAR file into NWDS?

Regards

Bobu

Former Member
0 Kudos

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think they are the same logon UI.