cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting System status - TECO etc by users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am trying to find out which authorization objects are enabling users to set and undo TECO & FNBL system statuses on project WBS elements. I could not find (may be my search in SAP and forum might not sufficient to get enough results and sorry about that if i miss any thing) and if some one know would appreciate your inputs.

Also I have an idea, instead of searching for authorization objects to restrict (disable) users to set TECO, can we create a user statuses so that it will restrict users. Here I have question, if user status is set up, some users might required to undo user status TECO and set system status TECO on objects.

I find the second option is more cumbersome and going round and round instead giving me direct solution. I don't know at this moment what to do and seeking your inputs on this issue.

Looking forward to have your guidance <<text removed>>

Thanks in anticipation.

PSR

Edited by: Matt on Jul 11, 2011 8:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

User Status option is the best solution to control the TECO.

Create a user status like" ZTEC" and in the allowed business transcation, set this user status when TECO is done and Prohibit this user status to revoke the TECO.Authorisation can be given to set and reset the user status"ZTEC"

In this way you can control both set and Reset TECO status with authorisation control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for their time and efforts to guidance.

Thanks,

PSR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

user status is the best option to restrict the users to change the system status. you can user authorization keys in the

status management. read sap help on status management and search for threads on user status.

check the authorization object B_USERSTAT for user status.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

Thanks for your prompt and helpful answer. As I said in thread, using user status would be very lengthy process. Is there any alternative solution.

Let me wait and see for some more replies from our members with their experiences before concluding.

Thanks,

PSR

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

access control list may be useful in your case other than user status.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/6f/2e2eba1d0e483a8737f6802f2891b7/frameset.htm

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

Thanks for inputs.

Regards,

PSR