cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Admin Service - All user attributes (telephone nr etc.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using the MII Admin service to retrieve the MII user list from UME:

/XMII/Illuminator?Service=Admin&Mode=UserList&Group=Everyone

I need a user list from the UME, that includes not only username, fullname and email (as provided by the UserList mode) but also the person's mobile and telephone nr.

I suspect that I must use the "UserDataReport" mode, but cannot seem to get any results.

1. Is this the correct mode to use?

2. Which parameters (Mask?, Group? etc.) do I need to specify?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the /XMII/Illuminator?service=admin&mode=userattriblist&Group=<username> which will give you the UME attributes for the specified user.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Seng Kiang - I also tried that mode, with no luck. It seems however that the "FullProfile" mode is more geared towards providing MII portal specific info such as: navigation items for a user.

@Dipankar - I am aware of the "UserAttribList" mode. I am able to retrieve usernames and emails. What I need in addition to this is the person's mobile and telephone number. Maybe there is an additional parameter I can specify to also retrieve these? Perhaps it is automatically provided by a different mode?

Is anyone aware of such a mode in the Admin service (or any other method of interface for that matter)?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may need to dig into the LDAP setup for UME in NW: https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-102604

/XMII/PropertyAccessServlet?Mode=List will show you a table of the ones exposed for the logged in user. I would suspect that the UserAttribList will only show similar entries, and the LDAP provided ones like you mentioned may need to be added to the Data Source configuration xml file in the User Admin app.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Helpful answer. Thanks.

I was really hoping though that one of the modes in the Admin service could already supply me with the info required.

Just to re-state the requirement: I don't need to add to what is stored in UME, the info is already there. Thus, I don't think it is necessary to modify the DataSourceConfig XML.

If you look at the UME page for a user; the "UserAttribList" mode is providing all the info on the first tab (General Information). I'm interested in the third tab (Contact Information), telephone nr etc.

I suspect that one of the other modes (e.g. UserDataReport) might already provide this, but I cannot get a resultset from the other modes (as I cannot find interface documentation).

Could you please assist with some info on the other modes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can get a datasource connection to the Netweaver database you can run a query like this to get user info:

SELECT
 ATTR
 ,VAL
FROM 
 UME_STRINGS
WHERE
 NAMESP = 'com.sap.security.core.usermanagement'
 AND PID LIKE 'USER.PRIVATE_DATASOURCE%'
AND PID IN (SELECT PID FROM UME_STRINGS WHERE ATTR = 'uniquename' AND VAL = '<Users Id>' )

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fanie - you might want to consider a support ticket. I see the non-blank attributes for my LDAP user that appears on the Contact Info tab in UME when calling the propertyaccessservlet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Jeremy - thanks for the help. Not sure why, but another netweaver restart later and the "UserAttribList" mode that I started with (and Dipankar also suggested) shows all the non-null attributes that I need

@Christian - very innovative solution (that also does the trick). I am just a bit afraid of leaving a DataSourceConnection to the NW App DB open to all developers.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

F,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I know there is

/XMII/Illuminator?service=admin&mode=FullProfile&Group=Everyone (from MII book) but this somehow does not work at my machine. You probably can try it.