cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validate xslt against JDK5 so we can remove the 'Use SAP XML Toolkit' flag

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

We are working on PI7.1 and have hit an issue with an XSLT mapping. We were getting an error when testing that said:

TransformerException during XSLT processing:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.TransletException: com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.TransletException: java.io.FileNotFoundException

We found a few threads on SDN pointing us to using the 'Use SAP XML Toolkit' flag, which we'd not even noticed before. Ticking this flag did get us around the problem. Further investigation suggested to us, however, that this flag will not be available in future releases, so I guess our best solution would be to try and resolve the issues in our mapping against the current version of java (JDK5). When we use other tools such as XMLSPY they do not detect a problem with the XSLT. Can anyone point me to a tool that would enable us to validate our XSLT file against JDK5, which will provide us with error messages that will enable us to fix the error and therefore remove the 'Use SAP XML Toolkit' flag?

thanks,

Malcolm.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can anyone point me to a tool that would enable us to validate our XSLT file against JDK5, which will provide us with error messages that will enable us to fix the error and therefore remove the 'Use SAP XML Toolkit' flag?

I am sorry to have to say that even inside SAP nobody can answer this question.

In principle it will work when it is pure XSLT 1.1 but some commands from XSLT 2.0 might work also.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your XSLT have JAVA enhancements then you have to deploy some JAXP liabraries on PI server.

older version PI uses different process to execute XSLT Mappings,but from PI 7.1 onwards it is using JAXP.

Regards,

Raj

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

thanks for your reply. I'm new to XSLT but as far as I can tell there are no java enhancements in the file. It was copied from an existing file and changed but it all looks bog-standard to me. If that is the case I guess we would not need to deploy the JAXP libraries.

Malcolm.