cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mount point from Windows Application Server to Linux Database Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I am installing SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 in heterogeneous environment (Application server is Windows and Database is Linux Redhat). In the step of Enter SAP Profile Directory GUI. Profiles are available selected and the /sapmnt/<SAPSID>/profile is given. However, I got the error as follows:

/samnt/<SAPSID>/profile/DEFAULT.PFL is owned by GID 0, Which is the ID of the GROUP root.

SOLUTION: Remove the group account root.

I changed the owner of /samnt/<SAPSID>/profile/DEFAULT.PFL to sapsys the error:

/samnt/<SAPSID>/profile/DEFAULT.PFL is owned by GID 515, Which is the ID of the GROUP sapsys.

SOLUTION: Remove the group account sapsys.

FYI: The /sapmnt/<SAPSID>/profile is mounted from windows server 2008 R2 (application server) with CIFS.

Has anyone any idea how to solve the above issue? Thanks in advance for your advise.

Regards,

Casmito

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> FYI: The /sapmnt/<SAPSID>/profile is mounted from windows server 2008 R2 (application server) with CIFS.

So your central profile directory in on the server you're just installing?

To keep things easy I would install locally (without any mounted profile) and after the installation is done mount the profile directory and copy the profiles.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for your reply. Yes, the application server is just newly installed. If the profile is created locally in database server. Do you mean once complete the installation then merge the profile between database and application server?

Best Regards,

Casmito

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks Markus for your reply. Yes, the application server is just newly installed. If the profile is created locally in database server. Do you mean once complete the installation then merge the profile between database and application server?

Merge? No, not merge - just put them in a common directory; those are different instance profiles for each instance.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus