cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change management & Transport tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am not sure whether this is the right forum but I will address my questions here and if not relevant you can redirect me.

At Coca Cola Hellenic we are searching for an application/tool to cover the below functionality.

Basically STMS consists of three systems (DEV, QAS, PRD). By the moment CCH has in its SAP landscape five systems per type (two DEV, two QAS and one PRD). Five, because we use one route DEV->QAS->PRD support of productive applications and the other DEV->QAS route we use for upgrades, CCH projects and template releases. Above situation is the ideal case, but there will be cases when we'll have to deal with more than two QAS, more than one PRD, etc. It is very crucial for us to have application or tool that has to be able to keep and ensure consistency of all kind of SAP objects between predefined list of systems, no matter which is the original one(for the object).

To be able to keep track of all types of TRs import in every system from STMS - workbench, customizing, transport of copies and relocations and objects included in them, i.e. for workbench TRs - source code to be checked and for IMG - customizing to be checked. More than beneficial will be the options to compare and check versions of sap script and smartforms. Good to have grouping of TRs(not talking for merge, as it is not possible for different type of TRs) that is different, than SAP project and allows us predefined sequence of import, i.e. to be able to define TR dependences. This is needed for changes that may have as workbench objects and customizing objects also...

Same to be possible for non-ABAP objects also.

Here is an example:

Couple of change requests are created to change tone and he same object (CR1 and CR2), when they are released from development, they will each deposit new versions of the same object in the test environment. Because the last import of the object (CR2) will represent the most recent version of the object we need to make sure that CR2 is imported last and only after all predecessor changes are imported as well (CR1).

The thing we want to avoid is to have CR1 imported after CR2 which will overwrite all the latest changes and bring the object back to an old version. The object in the quality system would then differ from that in the development system and the two system would be inconsistent.

The same goes for the import of both changes from the test environment to the productive. We need to have a control over the SAP import and may be export queues which is to ensure the correct sequence of import and consistency of the objects in all systems.

Thanks and regards, Teodora

Project Services Leader

Coca Cola Hellenic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member322647
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Teodora

SAP Solution Manager Change Request Management has an optional function, called Cross System Object Lock. You can customize if you get a warning or an error when the same key (customizing or workbench) is written to a transport request. SolMan is checking is there already a key for the same productive system, which is so far not imported in production. If yes, regardless if this is another dev. system or not you can block this change.

I agree a consultant would be good, but you can start looking in the IMG searching for CSOL or Cross System Object Lock.

Regards,

uDo

Former Member
0 Kudos

ChaRM can address some of your issues, however, I don't think this situation is one that can be solved in a forum. I think you'll need to get a consultant in to better understand your situation, recommend changes to your approach of testing and promoting changes to production and possibly configure ChaRM. It definitely sounds like you need a lot of structure for sure.