Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is file created by report CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE mandatory in CRM Role Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The CRM 7security guide mentions usage of file created by report CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE for Designing role. Can anyone suggest, whether it is Manadatory to perform this report.

I have designed Role, WITHOUT using this report.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The report CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE looks at the SU24 data that is applicable for a business role. It is always recommended to use this report and update the Business role data in the PFCG role. The report CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE will help you with generating the content automatically, and in absense you have to do this task manually. Once the report is generated, you can import the file from PFCG profile menu.

By the way, is your role working fine without uploading the file?? If yes, try making few more changes to the business role and see if has updated the values in the PFCG role.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu, your explaination is not clear to me.

my understanding-The report produces the file from a Business Role, which contains Services/BSPs,etc.... This file needs to be imported into Menu Tab, by option 'Import From File'. So, when these Services/BSPs are added into Menu tab, they will auto-populate their SU24 entries(authorization objects) in Authorization Tab(like in Transaction Codes)

Could you be clear on "report CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE will help you with generating the CONTENT automatically", as mentioned by you. Which CONTENT: Entries(Services,etc...) in Menu Tab OR their SU24 auth. Objects.

Also, "you can import the file from PFCG profile menu" is not clear. Which MENU are you referring here? The MENU tab which contains Services/BSPs,Transaction Codesetc.. OR the MENU bar inside Authorization Tab

Could you suggest on this, as i this is what i am desparately looking for