Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI, DeskI not updated with changed universe name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am using BO XI R3.1 on Windows.

I have renamed existing universe from CMC successfully.

However new universe name is not getting updated in existing WebI and DeskI report automatically.

I have many reports and do not want to modify each and every report to change universe.

Is there any way to reflect new universe name in all existing report ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Vinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far I know You can only do it in report level. i.e open the existing WebI/ DeskI reports -> go to data manager -> select the renamed universe in universes check box-> apply ->ok.

Cheers,

Suresh Babu Aluri.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinesh,

You need to:

1. Change the name of the universe in the CMC

2. Import the new (renamed) universe to your Designer

3. Open the properties, and change the "long name" of the universe. Save it using the existing filename, as it was renamed in CMC

4. Export the universe

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Already followed same steps you mentioned. And it was supposed to show new universe name for existing WebI and DeskI. However still showing old universe name but changes in universe are getting reflected in report.

Only issue is existing reports showing old universe name.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Vinesh

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you try like this..

Without updating the universe name in the CMC if you import universe in the designer and then change the name of universe in Parameters and save the universe.

after that when you are exporting universe you will get two option either update the universe or copy as another universe.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for your reply.

Renaming a universe from CMC is more safe option.

In my case universe is renamed from CMC, however new name is not reflected to existing webI and DeskI.

Any other changes in universe are propogated to existing reports.

As of now, see a only way to mofiy and save every report to reflect new universe name.

However do not want to opt as there are many reports.

Regards,

Vinesh

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i know.. but may be you can try with some dummy universe and if it is working then it is good for you.

Thanks,

Amit