Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO Between SAP server and WebSphere Portal Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone has configured Web SSO between SAP server and WebSphere Portal?

Thanks.

Bala

2 REPLIES 2

MarceloPinheiro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

It is possible to access non-SAP systems from portal using SAP logon tickets if the system is a web-based system. (see attached note 723896)

The filter and portal certificate is to be installed on the web server. The filter will extract the authenticated username using the portal certificate and write it to the HTTP header. If your target for SSO (websphere) can process the HTTP header, the integration will work.

As far as the recommendation goes, the choices for SSO are:

(1) using SAP logon tickets, or (2) through User mapping

Currently we do not know if have any official document to integrate webshere with the portal so I cannot give you a accurate answer which filter the IBM http server can support. What we can advise is the solution that I provided above. You need to test this yourself to see if the IBM server supports this.

Regards

Marcelo Pinheiro

0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo Pinheiro,

Thanks for your response. We have already decided to go with SAP Logon Tokens approach for Portal SSO implementation. I am in the middle of testing the same & I will publish about the steps after i through this POC.

Thanks.

Bala