cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to uninstall SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I want to remove sap system from my desktop (win 7, 64 bit) and reinstall it in virtual machine. But the uninstall process stopped with "Define Paraments" by "Validating User Data". How can I remove it manually?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Did you check what happened why it stopped? Can you check the log files for this? Make sure you ran the uninstall using an administrative user and not <sid>adm.

2. Yes, you may be able to delete everything, but first can you tell us which is the database you are using?

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I have read the log file but couldn't find any useful messages. It stopped just there. I used the user account, which installed the system.

2. I installed MaxDB.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this your personal computer?

If yes, then stop the system as well as database. Then, go to services.msc and disable all services related to SAP system and Database. For instance, SAPSID_*, any services for MaxDB.

Go ahead and delete /usr/sap/SID and all directories under it. Also, /sapmnt/SID and all dirs under it. Then, login to maxdb and delete the database from there. Then delete the service from services.msc.

The reason I ask is that if this is your personal computer, I think you would not be worried if tomorrow a SAP system with exactly same SID and Database fails during installation. In that case you can alsways change the SID for new system.

But all this ONLY if sapinst is unable to uninstall.

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually i can't login to MaxDB now. Can I directly delete it?

Regards,

Uecraft

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can consider deleting /sapdb folder. This will contain all database log and data files as well as entire maxdb software.

Regards,

Shitij

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij,

Thx, it works.

regards

uecraft