cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutover startegy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please let me know the steps for SD and EXCISE cutover startagey.

Do we have to cancel open sales order, delivery and billing? or we need to complete the cycle in case of open order in legacy system.

Also how to update RG23 A and RG1 register.?.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

my senario is that legacy system is a SAP system here. Server are being separated.. So in my case I think we will have cancel open sales order and delivery so as to return stock to "unrestricted use". And what about open billing documents?

Also if basis copy all the old closed documents to new server then what about excise register RG3A and RG1...

Please clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For open orders for which delivery or billing has already started needs to be completed in the legacy system.

Just open orders can be created in SAP from legacy using BAPI or LSMW wherein you need to map fields for legacy and SAP.

Before that make sure, master data for customers and pricing conditions are uploaded in SAP.

Regarding open customer balances, RG23A and RG1 registers needs to be considered under FI cutover strategy.

All these activities needs to be planned before starting an implementation project and considered under conversions, since you may need to create custom BDC's for loading data.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

1. Please click on below link to get the answer

2. Cutover strategy or Cutover plan is the activity done in ASAP methodology, while transfering the data from the lagacy System to the sap system.At this point of time the billing will be stopped,all the open orders,contracts,pricing data will be transfered as per the cutover plan which is provided by the implementation partner.what ever you want to do on the system you need to do before or after this activity.

3. For updating RG1 register, Go to transactioln J1I5, Enter company code, Plant, and excise group, Posting date. Enter desired movement type. In the classification field enter ROP and select RG1. If you execute you will get all the desired Movement posted. Select all the lines and simulate If you get the green light, then click on create button to update the register entries.