Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP in Linux Base integrate with Windows Active Directory Authentication

thomas_tancheephong
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to implement the user management through Active Directory, instead of local user management (Through T-Code: su01)

i would like to anyone was implement this landscape or not?

If yes, kindly provide some guide line.

Thanks,

I have provided my current system details as below:-

SAP version: ERP 6.0 (unicode)

DB: DB2

DC: Windows 2008 (Active Directory)

Best Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow this guide:

Integration of SAP Central User Administration into Microsoft Active Directory

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/8302a929-0501-0010-05b5-d48f544bc572

Regards,

Shitij

thomas_tancheephong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the link, I would like in order to implement integration SAP with AD must purchase 3rd party software?

As article you sent to me, provided by REALTECH?

Thanks,

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you going to integrate SAP with Microsoft Active Directory, then you don't need to purchase anything else. You only need a Windows machine that hosts your Active Directory.

Maybe that document confused you, you can also look at the integration steps at the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/74e4066afc3912e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Regards,

Shitij

thomas_tancheephong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Can i explain to you my current idea for SAP integrate with Windows AD? See how do you think of this and maybe you can give some ideas too.

Let's assumed that we have a test server with AD and with ABC.DOMAIN.

A test PC which installed SAP GUI, has to be joined ABC.DOMAIN, and the PC required to login with Windows AD Authentication when startup the PC.

I am thinking of whether from AD server can generate a Kerberos cookie as a physical file and store it into the test PC without expired date or not.

Let's say it can be done, and then we do some setting in SAP GUI, to point the Kerberos Cookie file whenever user double click on the SAP connection, and the SAP will automatic using the cookie Authenticate and directly go in to Main Page of SAP without go through the login page.

How do you think of this? It is possible to make it?

Thanks,

Regards,

Thomas

former_member698570
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

if I understand you correctly you want to enable Single Sign On so that users can use their WIndows Logon to seamlessly authenticate to a SAP backend using SAP Gui.

You can use Kerberos in combination with SNC to achieve this

Have a look at the following documentation under SAP help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/0ebf6c9b2b0d1ae10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

We have it working in our company. It should be easy to get it working if your SAP system runs on Windows as well. If it doesn't it should be possible as well but it might be more difficult to get it working.

If you have further questions let me know

Cheers