cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL with ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN,

I am using ssl for users to sign onto the portal. Is it neccessary to use SSL between ITS and the WGATE?

If the portal redirects the use to this ITS iview, is this NOT encrypted even though their communication with EP is?

Thanks

Jeremy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So how would you secure the communication between the users browser and the ITS

Thanks

Jeremy

AviadRivlin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

If I got your point correctly you should do the following:

1. set you ITS server to work in SSL (how to do so should be explained in the ITS guids).

2. set ITS properties of the system you are working with to work in SSL (there is a specific property for this)

Kind regards,

Aviad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

if you want to perform single sign-on to ITS for users that have already logged on successfully to EP (with their x.509 certificate), the configuration of SSL on ITS in not required. You could alternatively use SAP Logon Tickets for this.

However, the use of SSL with client certificates is advantegous as it

- provides higher security

- is not subject to technical issues with SAP logon tickets (like problems with multiple DNS domains)

If you want to secure the communication to ITS, the use of SSL on the portal alone is not sufficient. THis is due to the fact, as the portal simply redirects a user and his browser opens a direct connection to ITS (i.e. bypassing the portal).

Regards,

Dominik