cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organize Characteristics in Inspection Lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

I have a simple question, but very important for business process.

In the production process, we have welding operation. We have quality inspection in this operation (Inspection Type 03). The inspection are executed by joint. For each joint, we have some inspection characteristics (Type of Joint, Diameter, Thickness).

My question is how i can organize the characteristics in routing and inspection lot to enter inspection results by joint.

My idea is create one quality operation by joint, but this is very hard to maintain.

Other idea is create a Inspection Characteristic to joint, and a catalog with the joint types, and this characteristics is always the first characteristic, after the others characteristics, and repeat the group in accordance with the number of joints. This is note a solution i think, but a workaround.

I check control point, but is not the concept.

Any sugestion?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Siqueira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I check control point, but is not the concept.

> The inspection point concept fits your requirement exactly.

> If you are saying control point as inspeciton point, why do you think it does not fit?

Regards

Luke

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luke and Sujit Gujar!

Thanks a lot for your reply. After your answer, i'm read again the concepts about inspection point, and test, and this resource solve my question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a suggestion:

In order to do result recording on same set of char you can use inspection points in the task list header.