cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Deployment of adapter Module using JSPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I developed an adapter module, and converted EAR to SDA and deployed it using JSPM. Everything went fine.

After deployment i found some error and i need to change the code. I did that and created a SDA file.

Now JSPM is not detecting the SDA file when i put it in EPS/In folder ? Do i need to put something like version or release for re-deployment ?

I tried renaming it, still did not work. JNDI and all other stuff was still same.

Regards

Inder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the New EAR file using Different Name then Deploy EAR.

Regrads,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI Version 7.10

Baskar - How can i delete deployed module ?

Naga- I can do that, but that is not the solution to problem. I think i need to change JNDI name also to achive this way.

Srikrishan - can you tell more about deployment script ?

Regards

Inder

Edited by: Kulwinder Grewal on Jul 6, 2011 2:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

chk this:

while deploying it again (just for clarity) change the JNDI name and test...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inder,

I see below options for you:

- Undeploy the existing component using JNDI as mentioned in the previous post. Then JSPM should be able to find and identify the new EAR for deployment.

- If the above is not possible use the "force mode for JSPM" which should help you overwrite existing versions using JSPM itself. Note 881234 shows the steps for this.

- If all fail, use the deployment script at the location ../j2ee/deployment/scripts. Detailed information about this at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/46/1bd4293d034f08e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used NWDS to deploy and undeploy.

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Till PI 7.0 SDM(Software Deployment Manager) was in use. SDM allows us to deploy as well as undeploy the deployable file.

From PI 7.1, SAP has come up with JSPM to deploy the deploables. Problem with JSPM is, it doesn't allows us to undeploy the already deployed content.

We have faced the same problem in one of my past project where we were having a custom adapter. There we have used NWDS CE 7.1 to undeploy the already deployed adapter(adapter modules).

You too can use it to undeploy ur adapter module,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inder,

Which version of PI are you using? If it's 7.0, then you could use the SDM for deployment.

Else you could use the depolyment script available in the ..\usr\sap\DV..\j2ee\deployment folder.

Regards,

Srikishan

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend you to delete the old version and redeploy again ....