cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SAP TAO UIScanner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed TAO 2.0.4.0, (QTP11, QC11, Solman etc ), when i try to use UISCanner to create a component SAP, it starts QTP, scans the actif screen SAP and generate the TEMP.XML which contain proprieties of the objects SAP scanned.

But the component generated doesn't contain code for the screen ( empty or one ligne in fiche CONTENT.TXT , empty in PARAMETER.XML) so just a empty compenent with an image captured.

does anyone have this type de problem?

please help me

Thanks in advance.

Yanjuan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure how come QC 11 is supporting SAP TAO 2.0.4 ...as for as i know V QC 11 is started supporting from SAP TAO 2.0.5 version.

check this below link for you ref. and it resolve all your problems if you follow your proper SAP TAO notes based on version.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000724737&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...;

good luck

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I have this problem when i used TAO 2.0.3.0 & QC 9.2.

for exemple, UI Scanner create 2 components for screen 0014 of ME21N,

the first one has a snapshot of screen scanned and a parameter for starting row of GuiTableControl,

the second has only one parameter for Index of the selected tab for HEADER_DETAIL.

but screen 0014 has more than 10 input parameters (component created with inspection )

the fiche log of UI Scanner doesn't contain error. TEMP.XML est correct with all objects scanned. why UI Scanner doesn't use this TEMP.XML to create component? is it normal?

in the log "SAP_TAO.SAPTAO.exe.log", we have a message :

ERROR : SAPTAO.exe : Thread01 (MainTAOThread) : SAP.TAO.HpIntegration.QTPAppCtrl : Setting QuickTest Pro AddinsSystem.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.

à SAP.TAO.HpIntegration.QTPAppCtrl.setAddins(Object qtpControl, String addinList)

waiting for your response.

thanks

Yanjuan

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like some one answered your question in one of your thread..did you install SAP Add-ins for QTP 9.2 version?

I just want to confirm, are you getting any error messages in self check? other than log file error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have no error message for self check..verification for QTP, QC is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you have SAP Add-ins installed in QTP 9.2 version. see there could be two reasons one is your UI Scanner script.mts file should needs to modify and another one is needs to check your configuration settings.

Can you do one thing, install SAP TAO 2.0. 3 (SP3) version and try to replicate the error.

And also , please follow SAP TAO 2.0.3 admin guide for configuration settings.

for QTP 9.2 version, install patches QTP92P1713 & QTPSAP82P8116.

You know until unless if i can't see the system it's very tough to resolve some issues:-) but try to install above things and see if you still having a problem.

Good luck man!!

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have migrated to QC11&QTP11, so i can't return to QTP 9.5. ( I used QC9.2 but QTP9.5, not QTP9.2 )

I read attentively "Script.mts" of TAOUIScanner,

'*****************SAP Object Extractor************************************

'This script is to be run against any open SAP window to capture all

'active objects and write them to an XML file. This XML is structured

'in such a way that it can be used as an object reference for future

'automated tests.

'********************************************************************************

it means this script is only for create an WML file, and the main() function contain only code for creation of TEMP.XML, like this:

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

here script for TEMP.XML

'Finalize and close the current log file:

Log "The UI Scanner is being stopped..."

curLogFile.close

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

last line a comment for function Createcomp that i can't find in this Script.mts

'Createcomp corPath,COMPONENT_TYPE

So i suppose the creation of component doesn't exist in Script.mts

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you got it....but tell me what version & patch of SAP TAO you are using for QC 11. (Is this just QC 11 or ALM 11?)

After your upgrade to QC 11, did you try to replicate the error? I am sure you will not face UI SCanner problem in SAP TAO 2.0.5 version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The UI scanner in the older version that you have was a known issue. I have seen that occur repeatedly.

But if you are upgrading to the latest version, remember that the ST-PI on Satellite systems has to be moved to the highest version as well using the Compatibility matrix mentioned in the marketplace.

Our UI scanner started working after we upgraded the Satellite systems with the latest ST-PI definitions.

Plz check on that front. If your verification is correct. That may possibly fix the issue for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Our TAO version is 2.0.4.3

I think we are coherent with the matriceu2026

SAP Solution Manager (SMD) :

Software Component Release Level (patch) Support Package Description

ST-PI 2008_1_700 0003 SAPKITLRD3 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

ST-TAO 200 0004 SAPKITLEF4 SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization

ECC 6.0 managed system :

Software Component Release Level (patch) Support Package Description

ST-PI 2008_1_700 0002 SAPKITLRD2 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

I have a warning when SAP TAO Self-Check:

Satellite system plug in installation: The managed system agent version is 2.0.2.0 may not be supported, but ST-PI package version is correct (2008_1_700).

But i don't understand this problem of compatibility, we install the plug in SAP TAO in SAP Solution Manager but not in satellite system? is it right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you are not following proper computability matrix as I said earlier SAP TAO 2.0.4 version will not support QC 11/QTP11.

Please follow below matrix and install SAP TAO 2.0.5 SP1 or 2 patch.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000724737&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...;

And also , please follow below notes and which resolve all your issues.

1404715 - SAP TAO install information

1551914 - SAP TAO 2.0 Release information SP05

Good luck man.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, i'll try it.

ps: i'm a girl