cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know what the steps are NEEDED to create a new partner function FC (US)-user similar to SP (KU) for customers.

I have created an account group ZXXX and I have assigned the partner type FC but when I create the ZXXX account group it doesn't assign the partner type FC by default.

I am unable to assign it in the order and it shows up as a zero value.

What steps am i missing to create a new account group and partner type similar to SP?

The reason I am doing it is because i want a new partner type that will populate on the item of the sales order and it will split the delivery but not the billing document once we modify the Copying controls.

Edited by: Saad Ali Siddiqui on Jul 5, 2011 7:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Creation of record with partner type US (user) -

You have to take the help of HR consultant to create a record (something similar to CMR but for user)

2. "shows up as zero value" -

If a partner function (e.g. ER = Employee Responsible) of Partner type = NOT KU, if you "make madatory" etc. for account group 0001 etc. (KU account groups) then these shall be 0

First create User record (point 1) and then create 2 and in Partner function give the record value created in 1.

3. "The reason I am doing it is because i want a new partner type that will populate on the item of the sales order and it will split the delivery but not the billing document once we modify the Copying controls." -

Your "reason" is not clear to me.

If you want to do the above, you can have different partner functions with Partner type KU. And you shall be able to split the dlv. & things shall be less complicated in Partner determination + configuration.

Please explain the business reason for splitting sales items in to seperate deliveries.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all Thanks for replying.......

My clients customers want to see delivery grouped by ship to parties with the same address which is easy........

the difficult part is they have a partner function Enduser (KU type) attached to the ship to..........

the line items on the orders can have different endusers for the same ship to which means it splits the deliveries and also the billing i believe because both ship to and enduser are partner type KU and the standard billing program and not the copying control splits it.......

if i choose something different like a site (WK) or user (US) i may be able to write an abap code that will allow me to split the deliveries based on my rules.....

As for partner determination which partner type should i use and what are the steps to create this partner

if you have another suggestion on the split let me know........

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Header partner functions shall cause split in delivery -

Partner procedure can ONLY be assigned to Delivery header (not to delivery item). Even if you create a partner function with another partner type; if you have multiple (say) contact persons for 1 SHTo party; that can not be one delivery!

2. Test -

Even though I think 1, please go ahead and test it. By creating Contact persons; partner type AP.

I am assuming that these are customer employees; some thing like Supervisor 1,2.....etc. for a single SHTo party.

3. Option -

a. Do you want the names of all the "customer employees" to feature in your delivery?

Without split, you can use Text determination.

In your SHTo CMR have the names of these customers in TEXT and then bring the texts to the delivery note. Thereby having 1 SHTo party (& no cust. employee), thus stopping splitting of deliveries.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to do an account group assignment of my partner function ZF which is partner type AP THE SYSTEM says its not allowed.

In the allowed partner function per account group i can only assign partner types KU?

Is that standard SAP or do I need to configure a new partner type like KU and how do I do it?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

E.g. for partner function AG I can assign ER, with partner type PE

Then assign partner function to Account group - I can do ER to 0001

In XD01, I can give ER = 1020 ; but 1020 must have to be created earlier.

To create Contact person contact some HR consultant. Thereafter you can add it to your customer master, with relevant partner function configuration.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saad,

In 0VLK, In your Delivery type, there is a field "Delivery split partners" = deactivate that. & press F1

It says -

If the additional partner function in one of the items is not a freight forwarder, then the items can be collected into one delivery, and the additional function is copied into the header of the joint delivery.

If you do not require this system behavior, you can use the indicator to force a delivery split.

Thus you can prevent splitting of deliveries, even if you have different contact persons for the same SH To.

Please test it.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Allocate this new account group into the list of allowed account

numbers for partner determination; otherwise, you will not be able to create any customer

master records using this new account group.

Menu Path SAP Customizing Implementation Guide | Sales and Distribution | Basic

Functions | Partner Determination | Set Up Partner Determination

By selecting the partner function AG and the partner functions in procedure, Then go in Change view of PArtner Functions in Procedure,

Here the first check box is to make the Partner :Not Modifiable", if this is done then in Customer Master Record it cannot be changed,Generally this is only used for Sold to party.But for some reason if you want the partner must be determined or manually entered in customer master record then need to check the second box to make the partner function mandatory.

Please allocate points if you like the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did those steps and i still get an error:

when i try to enter this partner type in the account group ZXXX and try to make it mandatory..

Partner function CS cannot be used for partner procedures

Edited by: Saad Ali Siddiqui on Jul 5, 2011 10:45 PM

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you Don't mind can you please tell what your client wants exactly and how many new partner functions did u define?

Can you give more explanation so based on that we can give solution ?

Regards,

Prasanna

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following Steps are the Partner function Determination

Step 1: Define Partner Functions

Step 2: Assigning Partner Functions to Account Group.

Step 3: Define Partner Determination Procedure.

Step 4: Placing Partner Functions in Procedure.

Step 5: Assigning Procedure to Account Group.

and also you can use to create Partner Functions by using the T-Code VPOA

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prana but i would like to get the menu paths and T codes.......

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPRO / Sales & Distribution / Basic Function / Partner Determination / Set up Partner Determination

in that path we have to maintain the partner Determination

1. Setup partner determination for Customer Master

2.Setup partner determination for Sales Document Header

3. Setup partner determination for Sales Document Items

4.Setup partner determination for Delivery

5. Setup partner determination for Billing Header

6. Setup partner determination for Billing Item

Each and every step we follow the five steps which i mentioned previous answer

Step 1: Define Partner Functions

Step 2: Assigning Partner Functions to Account Group.

Step 3: Define Partner Determination Procedure.

Step 4: Placing Partner Functions in Procedure.

Step 5: Assigning Procedure to Account Group.

based on your Requirements we have to do settings

I hope your Clear

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you that helps.......

I am still missing a step:

when i try and create ZXXX customer the default partner type CS isnt populating in the partner sales area......

im going in circles ....

Edited by: Saad Ali Siddiqui on Jul 5, 2011 10:28 PM