cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One TPV for multiple Countries

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you pls share experirnce/knowledge around having one TPV for multiple countries together. The scenario is like below:

1. There are mutiple Countries in Central America which are small islands for whom we need to roll out the Travel and Expense Solution.

2. The Company code is only one which contains employees from all these Countries.

Could you tell us how can we do the setup. Should we create one TPV at the company code level. OR should we rather use some other criteria for selecting the TPV maybe at the Personnel area or Personnel Sub Area level.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note the below generic points about Travel Management:

1. SAP recommends different Trip Provision Variants each country wise.

2. Country of the Trip Provision Variant has to be the same as the Country of the Company Code. This has a direct relationship with the currency, tax procedure and tax codes.

3. The relationship between Country and Company Codes is one to many. Not the other way round.

Coming to your scenario, as you say that multiple country employees are assigned under only one company code, please create one trip provision variant for the country that is assigned to the company code.

Regards,

Kiron Kumar T.

0 Kudos

Hi Kiron,

These things I am aware about too. My real question is if I create only one TPV for the company code and assign the Country of the Company code then what issues would this cause. To name a few pls see below.

1) The domestic Country would always be the Company code Country so would be treated as Domestic Country and show on the Form also as domestic Country even for the employees who are from other Countries.

2) There are setting which SAP allows differently for Domestic and International like per diem, miles cumulations. So these necessarily have to be kept as same even though local laws are different in all these countries as Domestic is only the Company code Country.

So I need detailed analysis of what impact I will have by having only one TPV as against making many TPV like one for each Country by using some other parameter like Personnel area/Personnel sub area etc.

Appreciate your help!

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please be aware that Personnel Area is a subdivision of Company Code and Personnel Sub-Area is a subdivision of Personnel Area. Hence, whatever settings we do in the Personnel Area or Personnel Sub-Area, they are only a subdivision of the Company Code settings. Please refer to the detailed discussion on this aspect in the below thread:

Finally, you will have to maintain only 1 TPV and, there is nothing wrong in it. I have already handled this situation in Middle East countries and, we had only 1 TPV in our setup.

Regards,

Kiron Kumar T.

Answers (0)