Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing type G2 not showing accounting entries

randhir_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I first created a credit memo request (order type-CR) and then issued Credit note (Billing type -G2 Credit Memo).When I clicked on accounting to view accounting entries it says " An accounting document is not required for this Billing document".

There is no posting block etc.

Observations-

1. The net value is showing as "0".

2. PR00 standard condition's value not being calculated (hence net value is "0"). It is behaving like statistical condition.

Is this standard behaviour of this type of billing document? If Yes then why? Why accounting document should not be generated? If No, then please help me understand where I might have missed on correct settings.

Thanks and Regards,

Randhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the following 2 steps

1. Click on the Green flag or Use SHIFT+F4 and tell me what is the error your getting and also

2 In T-Code VF02, Go to Environment ---> Account Determination Analysis --> Revenue accounts

Try to check the Copy control Pricing Type what you mentioned " B or C"

Regards,

Prasanna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

randhir_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all. Issue resolved.

Regards,

Randhir

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Randhir,

What was the issue? Please share.

randhir_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I was creating Credit memo request without any reference to order, the credit memo (Billing document) was not able to create any accounting document. If I had created the document with respect to an order, the system would have generated accounting documents.

In my case (Credit memeo request created without any reference), the accounting department will settle the accounts with reference to credit memo (billing) and post it to a separate G/L.

Thanks again to all of you for your kind help.

Regards,

Randhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randhir,

I red your solution but in normal case system automatically create an accounting entry for G2,in your case why it's not happening i don't know.

In G2 accounting document not only generate with reference document,with out reference also it should post to accounts.

Thanks

Vinayak

randhir_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

Thanks for your reply. I will check again and get back.

Regards,

Randhir

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Credit memo without reference must also trigger creation of accounting document. I have tested this, accounting doc is created.

2. Go to VF02, for that bill (G2 type), click icon "Green Flag", see what error message system is giving.

3. In VF02, for that bill, go to Environment > Account Determination Analysis and check account assignment to the condition types

4. Are you using a different Pricing procedure for - with reference & without reference?

5. You shall have to check in VKOA, something maynot configured properly.

6. Please tell the error message, step 2; maybe we can give some suggestions.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Randhir,

Normally after successfully posting Credit memo request (CR) in VF01. One gets a 9000....number and accounts are posted; you can see that in FB03.

Maybe because the amount in your CR = 0 thus you get this message; & righly so. If there is no amount, then what shall be posted?

1. In cr are you having Net value?

2. If for 1 answer is Net value = 0, then you have to check your pricing procedure in V/08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Relationship between the credit memo request and the credit memo item posted in Financial Accounting (FI). As soon as you bill the credit memo request together with other sales orders, or distribute the items of one credit memo request to several billing documents, the assignment is no longer valid and the system will not process it.

For credit memos, credit memo requests, and payments, you have the following assignment options:

u2022Assignment to a single invoice

u2022Assignment of a partial amount to an invoice

u2022Assignment to several invoices

When you post credit memos, the payment programmed processes them automatically. If the credit memo is specifically related to a particular open invoice item, the payment program automatically attempts to offset the credit memo against the open item. If it is not possible to completely offset the credit memo against an invoice, you can post a debit memo to the vendor, who is to reimburse the amount. Then you can apply a multilevel dunning program.