cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we need mention explicitly for Outbound plugs?

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

When i see a existing custom WD component's my_view's method code (action is APPROVE), i see the below code

wd_this->fire_tomain_plg( ). 

I also saw that MAIN view is the outbound plug for my_ view.

1) Is this code is telling to the system that, it should navighate to MAIN view?

2) if so, already we put this (TOMAIN) in OUTBOUND tab righ? why again having this piece of code EXPLICITLY in our method?

3) is we (developers) need to put this manually? or or systme will put it at the bottom of the method automatically?

4) but i did not see any such code for INBOUND PLUGs? why?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

>

> When i see a existing custom WD component's my_view's method code (action is APPROVE), i see the below code

>

wd_this->fire_tomain_plg( ). 

>

> I also saw that MAIN view is the outbound plug for my_ view.

>

> 1) Is this code is telling to the system that, it should navighate to MAIN view?

> YES.

> 2) if so, already we put this (TOMAIN) in OUTBOUND tab righ? why again having this piece of code EXPLICITLY in our method?

> In the outbound tab, you are specifying list of outbound plugs which can be used. however you need to fire the correct outbound plug via coding.

> 3) is we (developers) need to put this manually? or or systme will put it at the bottom of the method automatically?

> You need to fire outbound plug for navigation. You can use WDA wizard to do that.

> 4) but i did not see any such code for INBOUND PLUGs? why?

> We maintain navigation link b/w outbound and inbound plug at Window. This will automatically fire inbound plug corresponding to outbound plug.

> Thank you

Answers (0)