cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label printing issue with chinese characters (SAP script)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement to print chinese characters on label print out.

Here are the steps already tried:

1) Created a new device type which is copy if ASCIIPRI and character set 8400

2) Font ANDALE_S, CNHEI, CNSONG are assigned to device type, same fonts called in SAP script.

3) During the print, it is picking ANDALE_S font(observed in spool RAW data), but preview is good.

4) I put ZPL codes CW1,B:MSUNG.FNTFS in beginning of script and also ^A@N,50,50,B:MSUNG.FNT while prining actual chinese text in SAP script.

5) also tried other device types assigned to printer LZEBU2, LB_ZEB2 etc.,

6) already checked at printer DIMM level, SIMSUN, ANDALE_S fonts are already installed

7) Character set on printer is same as in SAP

So far no option worked, it default to Courier fonts while printing and it results garbage characters.

If anyone has ideas, please advice.

thank you,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the cascading fonts?

You can set an own font for the different unicode areas.

Check transaction I18N.

Regards,

Christian

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,,

If the ZPL commands are correct for switching to the printer's internal CHinese font and character set, it may work to add the fonts via SE73 -> Printer Fonts -> ASCIIPRI . In here you need to add the commands in the print control SFxxx for your created font.

Another possibility is to print via windows and device type CNSAPWIN. Here it should not be necessary to add any font.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much for reply, I will try these two options today however i tried changing driver 'Zebra printing language II' and access method 'S' but it resulted spool error.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Access Method S, the SAPSprint service must be installed on the windows print server.(see SAP note #894444)

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure, if i go with option(ii) CNSAPWIN device installation, which access type is good for Zebra print labels? L or F or U or S? please advice.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With CNSAPWIN, you can use Access Method G, S or F.

Former Member
0 Kudos

None of the options worked so far, any other tips please??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Chinese: I have had a similar issue and have done below steps to solve it. It may help you.

1. Install Asian language pack in system.

2. Check if the Font Family of the Paragraph format in SAP SCRIPT is chinese or not i.e CNSONG or not.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, all options already had taken care.

Former Member
0 Kudos

all options tried but nothing worked any other insights.