Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem finding program Z_ROLE_SET_MASTERLANG in SAP ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've come across the old chestnut that the text of a role in PFCG "cannot be maintained in language DE".

I therefore looked for the program Z_ROLE_SET_MASTERLANG to fix but it doesn't seem to be present in our release:

SAP ECC 6.0 SAPKB70107

I found 4 previous posts for this in SDN Security and I've asked BASIS to check if either 854311 or 1093880 SAP notes are applicable and the message back is that the notes cannot be implemented in SNOTE:

Note Short text Component ID Status Implementation Stat.

1093880 PFCG Creating a role with the incorrect original language BC-SEC-AUT-PFC New Cannot be implemented

854311 SE63 Translation of role text fails BC-SEC-AUT-PFC New Cannot be implemented

I can see from previous posts that there's a work around with FM PRGN_SET_AGR_ATTRIBUTES but just wondered if I'm missing something basic before going for that option?

Regards

David

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a z-report in customer namespace which it attached as a text file to the note. So use SE38 to create it and not SNOTE.

AFAIK SAP Global Support are not meant to deliver such solutions anymore.

I would do a where-used-list and SMP search on the FM and look for a subsequest solution, but am not aware of one.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Actually, that report is attached to the second note mentioned by David. Obviously, the note cannot be implemented because fix is already there but you need to manually install report to clean up data.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin and Julius - and Alex

Thanks for the assistance and sorry for taking up your time when I should have found the correction before posting.

I'll raise a change request and allocate this to a Developer instead

Many thanks

David

Edited by: David Berry on Jul 6, 2011 9:12 AM

Edited by: David Berry on Jul 6, 2011 9:12 AM

WenjingLiu
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, guys. The Z program solved my problem.

Best,

Arwen