cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Imported Objects from one SWCV to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have two Namespaces, SAP APPL 6.04 and another one in my client's name where I have developed a scenario. It's an Idoc to File scenario. The problem is, the Idoc is already imported and it's under the SWCV, SAP APPL 6.04. My scenario is in another SWCV. So inorder to use the Idoc for Message Mapping, how do I Transport the Imported Objects, the Idoc from one SWCV to another ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith

You need to import the IDoc in the new SWCV after setting the connection data for import from SAP system.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can I proceed this way. In Message Mapping, take the Idoc from the different SWCV and map it with the target in the current SWCV. Can we use source and target from two SWCV?

Regards

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To access objects in different software component you need to create dependencies between the software components

Thanks

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created the Mapping using Idoc from the SAP SWCV and Target from the new SWCV that i created. When I triggered the Idoc, what has happened is that I got an error Mapping program not found.

How do I solve this ? So I have to create a dependency in SLD ?

Regards

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to create dependency and refer michal blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baskar,

I referred that blog and created dependency. I am on XI 7.1

So what I did is went to the SWCV in SLD, under the dependency, under Prerequired Software Component Versiosn I added the SWCV in which the Imported Object, Idoc is there.

Then updated SLD info in SWCV in ESR

I am getting error when I run the senario

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith

After you imported the IDoc to the new SWCV, you need to edit your message mapping to simply select the IDoc of the new SWCV as source. Since it's the same as original one, mapping rules will be kept.

You need to adjust your operation mapping as well to use the newly imported IDoc.

No need to copy objects under different namespaces unless you created your mapping inside the SAP APPL SWCV.

In that case you will need to copy it to the new SWCV before performing above steps.

Also create the configuration part using newly imported IDoc so that you don't have references to the old one, even if they are identical.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks everyone, issue resolved.

I created a SWCV in SLD, added Dependency to the SAP APPL 6.04 SWCV from which I was accessing Imported Objects, Idoc. Then I did the Message Mapping and Operation Mapping again. After that I went to the ID, did the Interface Determination once again. Updated the SLD information in SLD again.

Now it's working fine. Once again thanks for all the help.

Regards

Answers (0)