cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to give Read access to SolMan documents without a SAP User?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue that I hope you can help me out with...

The issue is that my document templates are located in SolMan (SOLAR01) but in order to grant read access to a large pool of employees I would like to publish an URL on an external application (ARIS - where the process is already diagrammed). But doing that the 'normal' way will not bypass the request for a log-on which is no good for me.

So my issue/question for all of you is; How is it feasible to access a document in SolMan (SOLAR01) via URL from an external application without having a SAP user account??

Hope that you can help me out.

BR

Simon Kriegbaum

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

the problem is: all documents are stored within the KW, there a user is required.

At the moment, I only know this solution:

Assign all relevant documents you want to share with non-solman-user to a learning map and share this learning map. The learning map itself uses a generated user for accessing the documents. Hope this solution is appropriate.

Best regards,

Alex

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Thomas_S
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The easiest way would be the following:

In SICF create an external alias '/sap/bc/solman/SolmanDocuments' with

service target element: default_host -> sap -> bc -> solman -> SolmanDocuments

In this external alias assign at the logon data tab an user that has got only authorizations for reading documents

(eg with role: SAP_SOL_KW_DIS)

After that, this user is used when the document is opend by the generated URL and the logon screen will not show up

regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't seen a way. Perhaps you can just make one user with very limited read only access on documents that everyone shares. I'm not sure if they'd get that pop-up asking them if they want to kick others logged on with that user out of the system though. If so, that would be a downside.

I'll check if I have anything else in my ARIS documentation.