Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Remote Key Values from Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

How to Remove Remote Keys Values though Import Manger,

Scenario: we have wrongly updated the Remote Key Values for 100 records. now, how can i remove remote key values for all these 100 records at a time ?

Can you please, let me know the solution for thie ?

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MR,

There is no direct way of removing the remote key values through import manager which got loaded already, if you are in Development try to remove key mapping option for the corresponding table (in console) - that will delete all the remote key values ( all the remote key values in that table).

hope this helps...

thanks,

Alexander.

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Alex, with your way Mahesh will loose all key mapping whereas i understand he want to treat only 100 records.

Mahesh - Do you want to update 100 records with correct Key mapping now?? or you want to permanatly remove key mapping from this records...I guess importing again this records with Update option should work...right

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed, updating shouldn't have any issues. But my proposal is to remove/delete those values.

thanks,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

I want to remove only one remote system key mappings and aslo only few records remote key mappings...few records got updated sucessfully ?

How can achive this any IDea ?

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

There is one Work around...

Export the remote key values that you want to delete... (I hope these all values have same Remote system)

Now use this file in Import Manger to create totaly new records(Login in Import Manager using same remote system).... Set your import action which will not update any of the existing record.... Map the remote key field from file to Remote Key field....

As all these Keys already exists, what Import Manager will do is it will remove previous keys & will assign those to new records which you are importing, as one key can be assigned to only one record for a given remote system

And then delete these test records

Let me know if it works...

Thanks & Reagrds,

Maheshwari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I propose a workaround,do this-

Log into Datamanager and after suitable search get those records exported in your local system.

Else you can also syndicate the same to your local system.

Now log in to import manager and use the Exported data as source.

Map only Material no or some other primary key and remote key.

Use matching criteria as one of primary keys.

Now if you do Update Mapped you will get both the keys,one from previous import and other now,which i guess should not do any harm.

Else if you go for replace option,use some other primary key instead of Material no/vendor no,as these are generally writable once.

Test this in development system.Let us know your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi