Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown Custom field in Invoice

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to add a dropdown field in Ivoice Basic data screen.

I am planning to do it using SRM Extension framework.

SAP Implementation Guide --> SAP Supplier Relationship Management --> SRM Server --> Cross Application Basic Settings --> Extensions and Field Control (Personalization) --> Configure Field Control --> Configure Control for Fields on Header Level --> Metadata for Fields on Document Headers.

The field is added as an input field.

I want to show this field as a dropdown field and values of this dropdown field will be fetched from a custom table.

1) Where can i set this field type as Dropdown field?

2) Where can i write the code to fetch the dropdown values and populate in the Dropdown field?

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

In meta configuration you cannot define the define the field as a drop down.

After finishing your metaconfiguration for this field and again you have to handle in DOMODIFYVIEW badi.there dynamically

you have to create a Drop down UI element and attach to this field then it will become drop down and there only you can

assign the drop down values.

Regards,

Devi

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi devi,

I was thinking of an option where i will attach a custom search help to the custom data element and the F4 value help will be shown to the user.

And in Doc Check badi , i will validate if the values entered by the user is picked from F4 help list only?

Do you think this solution will work ? ( Though it will not be a drop down in this case and it will be an input field with search help. )

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Please let meknow which version of SRM your working.

regards,

Devi

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

Its SRM 7.0.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

It is upto the customer if they want F4 help you can make that but if it is drop down you have to implement domodifyview badi

for that component view then it will work.You should handle drop down UI element dynamically in ABAP webdynpro conponent.

below is my earlier comments.

In meta configuration you cannot define the define the field as a drop down.

After finishing your metaconfiguration for this field and again you have to handle in DOMODIFYVIEW badi.there dynamically

you have to create a Drop down UI element and attach to this field then it will become drop down and there only you can

assign the drop down values.

regards,

Devi

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

i will write code in WDDOMODIFYVIEW.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Answers (0)