cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving scripts from one system to another

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

is there an automated way of transporting my scripts, queries and reports from one system to another ? or do i have to recreate everything on the other system.

kind regards,

Thabiso Kamanga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use Export Data functionality to create export packages for scripts, queries and reports.

go to Set Up-> system Administration->Import and Export Tool-> Export Data. here you can create export packages to be transferred from one instance to other. for e.g. if you want to export scripts then choose export type as dataset. Here you can choose Master Data-> Script definition and add it to your export package.

These export packages would be typical .OMA (XML)files which could be imported in another instance.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All -

The Solution Operation Guide that is available in Service Marketplace provides information regarding use of the import and export tools and how objects can be transported from one system to another system.

I recommend reviewing this information.

Regards,

Rob

0 Kudos

Thank you very much guys

I have successfully exported objects to oma files and imported them on another system without a hustle

thank you for you assistance, keep doing the good work...

kind regards,

Thabiso Kamanga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamanga,

You need to export the scripts,queries, report using Export functionality.

In that select SRM object list, then in the query search OML, you will get OML for each object.

Add that query in export after you save, a export.oma file will get created.

Download that file and then using the import functionality in another server, import it .

Regards,

Vaibhav Modi