EP SYSTEM -

REQ--

> XI System -
REQ-> FILE RECEIVER

<--

RES
XI System <
--RES--- FILE SENDER <-- HTTP PAGE

Business flow: our client has two web sites, it contains .txt and .xls files. When the EP(Enterprise Portal) people will trigger the req for the text and exel files. we need to pick the files, convert them into XML format and send to the EP system.as a response.

I am Trying the Scenario like the above stated figure.........will it works?

From EP system i am sending the OB_SY_MI. xi system will receive the dummy REQ from soap and send to file reciver. actually file receiver is no need. file sender is main here. FILE SENDER will pick the files from the http page, these files are in http links. here iam using the wget os command to pick the files from the links( run os command before msg processing) and place it in specified directory. from the source, file adapter will pick and convert the text to xml using content conversion. but the problem is EP is OUTBOUND and FILE SENDER is also OUTBOUND. who will receive the FILE SENDER MSG into the BPM. how can i create the BPM. is this scenario is possible or not. If it is posiible, Explain the BMP steps FLow for the scenario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a) For txt file. to xml

File Sender (FCC) ---> PI --> (HTTP or webservice) to post the data to EP

Basically EP using application logic to create file in the file system. You configure PI to pick up the file using file sender / fcc message protocol and it will convert .txt file to xml. In the receiver side use HTTP adapter to post the message to EP. If the EP supports web services then you can use SOAP to consume the EP's web service.

b) For converting Excel file to XML same procedure as above. Only thing you need some external tool to convert the excel to xml

Follow this [link |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/CODE-CreateanExcelFileviatheJExcel+API]

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Baskar,

Thanks for u r reply,i will try this n reply u again..

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Better design would be as below

File --> XI --> EP (using webservice)

The webservice should have an application logic to store this information in a DB where EP can access.

Now EP can fetch information any time in synchronous fashion. (You dont require XI in this case)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Praveen,

Thanks for your valuble Reply...I have one more doubt,.... The data should be send to EP system in xml format.,is it possible with out XI.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can integrate two two Systems without Middleware when both Systems webb service calls.

In your case File system will not suppot we service calls.

if you want to avoind XI/PI then write Porgramming in EP to pull data from FTP, this might be possble.

but if you have PI in your landscape go with it.

Regards,

Raj