cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to check IN and Check Out Reference Tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am wondering is it possible to check in and check out Look Up and other tables like we do for main table???

If so can any one letme know how?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check in / Check out is not possible on Look-up table.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rajeev!

Well there are 2 scenarios i can think of at this point of time:

Case 1: You can schedule a job in ECC,which triggers in reference data change.This job will trigger a idoc n send xml via PI to MDM.It will only import the reference data.This will be automating the lookup data sync between systems.

Now on import you can trigger a workflow,I am assuming this that import of lookup data also can launch a workkflow job.

This WF can be checkedout.

case 2:User does addition through import manager/MDIS,again the WF gets triggered and we can checkout the record and after approval process it is saved.

Both the above scenarios rely on launch of WF on import of lookupdata,if it works they should work.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I completely agree with Ravi.

You have to create a workflow with Steps as required , Start - Checked Out, Approval, Stop - Check In

The only thing is you need to create separte workflow for individual sub tables

In Import Map, you can trigger the workflow when it is executed

Go to Configuration - > Import - > Checkedout/Workflow - > Select the workflow which is revelant to that map

Please revert for any queries

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my case all references tables data are created in MDM and then syndicated to ECC and all other systems. Thats where I got hold. Please advise how can I move forward.

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajeev,

Do one thing take a excel and put 1 entry of lookup data in it and open the import manager.Create a WF with trigger action import and now open import manager with the lookup souce, map fields and values,goto configuration and select the workflow related to the map.

Do the import,check in data manager that WF is triggered or not.

If it is done,you can use procedure and create maps for other lookups too.

Please let me know your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

If the Workflow stuff is working, you should try to set the trigger action for that workflow to "Record Add", "Record Update" and set the Autolaunch property to immediate. It should solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to the Data Manager reference guide, check outs can be done only on main table records.

Page 233 of the reference guide.

NOTE ►► Check outs can be done in Record mode on the records of

the main table only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Can you elaborate your business requirement of having Check out on reference table?

Checked out option is used for the below scenario in Main Table

Create - If the record is checked out, then it is virtually available in MDM until it is approved as the part of the workflow

Change - The record is kept checked out , so that the user who changes it owns it , and no others has access to change it to achieve the data consitency

But for reference data , the records is already available in the target system and it is fed to MDM

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client wants to have the approval process for creating/updating the reference tables and for that I want to understand is it possile to check In and Check Out reference tabels?

Thanks

Rajeev