Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feed the Imported webservice service

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where when ever there is a record creation or Update of record, the data should be syndicated to BI.

We have PI in between mdm and BI.

Now, the plan is to cerate a webservice in PI.

Then, We will IMPORT the Webservice into our Webservice generator (url - Import Option).

I am not sure how to proceed further after i import?

I mean how can i say 'call this webservice' when a record in MDM is Created and when a Record is Updated.

Did any one face a similar scenario??

Can anyone advice on how this can be achived

Kind Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

who dictates the data flow here ? BI or MDM ?

if BI decides when it should have the data then it makes sense to call the WS in MDM to get the data. No need of PI

if MDM should send the data when its created and when u have PI inbetween then the file needs to be syndicated to BI via PI

hth decide which way suits u better

thanks

-Adrivit

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Fully agree with your comments.

But the praposal is to have a webservice(so that they can reuse it to feed different New systems Later in future).

So, Back to my question1.. Does anyone have an idea of how i can implement this!!

Kind Regards

Eva

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from point one, seems you have no idea what is web service ,how it works....

mdm can generate ws, why can't you use that?

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Does this mean, MDM can only generate WS But cannot call WS which are created By PI??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

This is correct that MDM cannot consum a webservice created in any of the systems.

As suggested earlier, if you are not using syndication, generate a WS from MDM WS generator and call it from BI system.

Also, the webservice generated using WS generator will be repository schema specific and you can reuse it to connect the same repository from various systems. In case of any repository changes, you need to regenerate the web service.

Best regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

anybody can consume a WS as long as theres code to handle that ...

hence its wrong to say MDM cant consume a WS !!!

u can say MDM doesnt have out of the box functionality to call a WS - if ur architect says so - then an app. on top of MDM can consume it. - without confusing any further !

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

import to ws generator?

no such thing

why don't you use mdm adapter for PI?

the worst case, the pi can monitor the folder where the record will be stored as an xml.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I Agree with John.. If you have PI in between MDM and BI then I do not understand use of web service.

You can easily create a syndication map to syndicate new/changed records from MDM. Configure MDM or File adapter in PI to pick data from MDM and then let PI send data to BI in the format BI wants.

Kindly revert if we are missing something and have misinterpreted your requirement.

-Shiv