cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Authorizations in SPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having difficulty when using authorizations in SPM. We are getting unexpected results. When executing the "detail" query with an authorisation variable set on 0XARMANORG for certain management organisation codes, we are getting an "invalid characteristic" error in the application logs under certain circumstances with certain users. This appears to be particularly problematic when passing values that include the company code through the filter to the detail report. This prevents the detail report execution from being successful. The query executes as expected in RSRT via RSUDO returning the expected master data values that are defined in the role. Users with unrestricted master data access experience no errors and can access all data without complication.

I understand that there is a guide :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0e51ed5-ee3e-2d10-53b8-f2ef66032843

The approach outlined in this PDF deviates from the standard BW authorisation methodology. It's been made clear that authorizations should be achievable in the standard way , yet I cannot find any documentation that points towards special steps being required to do this.

Has anyone had any experience of using master data authorisations in the standard way on both the Spend Analysis Final query and ASA Detail queries?

Many thanks

Neil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please disregard this message, i discovered the problem wasn't actually related to authorisations, and instead related to the time dimensions.